Ferris IS2100Z lite bar

/ Ferris IS2100Z lite bar #1  

250exc

Tractor
John Deere X720SE
Not a tractor, but added some cool LED lites to the ZT.
j0bm1k.jpg

/ Ferris IS2100Z lite bar
Here's another pic.
eqvw8w.jpg

/ Ferris IS2100Z lite bar #3  
Pic of your mower in the daylight? Thanks

/ Ferris IS2100Z lite bar #4  
Well at least you didn't show pix of your wife's undies hanging off the clothesline.

I'm in the want for a new zero turn. Photos please? How do you like it?

Thanks, Fred

/ Ferris IS2100Z lite bar #5  
Do you do a lot of mowing at night. I have certainly thought about doing the same thing during our 100+F days of summer but I managed to get the yard mowed in 2 days by starting after sundown and going till dark. LED lights would be nice if I could figure out how to get the wires to the front without impeding the mower movement underneath. I guess if I put the ROPS back on, it would work ok to put them there but it tangles up in all my trees too bad.

/ Ferris IS2100Z lite bar #6  
I had lights added to my 3100 Ferris when I bought it. The lights were cheap and were a joke. I installed (well so far one) true flood light and it does good. However I would not trust running mine a full speed with lights, it is too fast for my yard with the trees and such for lights and with ztr you need a lot of side light for you really need the side of the deck light due to how tight it turns. A friend who sells another brand told you the only reason for lights on ztr is to make it back to the shed. I fell he is right for me any way.

Gary, only because I installed lights on the front of tractor canopy will I tell you may not want to install lights on the rop, it sure does draw bugs there and your face is very near it. Now on ZTR you may be outrunning the bugs but doubt it. On my tractor the lights are probably further away from me than your rops would be and I only use them when really necessary during the summer. kt

Thanks for the replies guys. To answer some of your questions, if there were undies on the line, I would need a wide angle lens!!!!! I'll try to get some pics in the day. I've mowed lawn over 40 yrs. w/ Ariens 10 HP gear drive(16 yrs), Ariens 20 HP hydro(6 yrs), Troybilt GTX20(13yrs), John Deere 2011 X720SE(5 yrs. still have it) and now the Ferris IS2100Z, my back thanks me every time I get off it. I mow my property(2.5 acres) + my parents(3 acres). Then I get to mow the front yard @ my son in laws farm(about 15 mins.), the tenant house for the farm(20 mins.), my daughter and sil's yard(45 mins.), my daughter and son in laws rental property(50 mins)and last on the list, my son's yard(50 mins.) I love my John Deere, but unless the Ferris breaks down, I doubt it will ever see mowing duty again, just snow plowing. So yes, as the days get shorter, I am often finishing in the dark. Mine and my parents get mowed as often as required depending on rain or lack of, the other lawns only get done once a week, usually Fri after work or Sat. AM.

Do you do a lot of mowing at night. I have certainly thought about doing the same thing during our 100+F days of summer but I managed to get the yard mowed in 2 days by starting after sundown and going till dark. LED lights would be nice if I could figure out how to get the wires to the front without impeding the mower movement underneath. I guess if I put the ROPS back on, it would work ok to put them there but it tangles up in all my trees too bad.

I just used zip ties to secure the wiring to the under side of the frame away from any moving parts.