Electric over Hydraulic Switch New Holland Workmaster 50

/ Electric over Hydraulic Switch New Holland Workmaster 50 #1  

KentC

Tractor
Branson 7845R
Just purchased a New Holland Workmaster 50 and would like to utilize the built-in hydraulics for front end loader attachments. The FEL joystick has 2 red buttons that supposedly operates the optional 3rd set of hydraulics. The dealer has quoted me $1000 to add the necessary parts to make everything work. Has anyone done this? Can I purchase the parts to do it myself? I am not familiar with the terminology for the function that I am seeking. I would like to attach a hydraulic auger.

/ Electric over Hydraulic Switch New Holland Workmaster 50 #2  
I have the exact same unit purchased 3 months ago. My dealer quoted the same price. Yes you can do it yourself. It you want to purchase the kit all at one time it will probably be a WR Long kit. Everything Attachments, WR Long, National Implement, ETC... will sell you the kit and you can do the install. You will save around $300-$400 in labor costs.

Lots of threads on diverter versus electric over hydraulic. Just do a google search. LD1 just finished a nice diverter set up for his MX5100. If you are so inclined you can purchase the parts separately for either a diverter set up or electric over hydraulic and get your local NAPA or parts retailer to fabricate the hoses for you. I don't know how much you can save over the complete kits but I would think in the $200-$300 range. The kits make it easy for do-it-yourself types to get everything they need at one time.

/ Electric over Hydraulic Switch New Holland Workmaster 50 #3  
Are the buttons on the joystick definitely for the 3rd function? Mine are to control the rabbit/turtle speeds on my HST but, I have a Boomer 40, not a Workmaster.

That WR Long kit is supposed to be really good quality. When I add a 3rd function to mine, I'll be using it. Here's a link directly to the EA page for it - 3rd function auxiliary hydraulic kits for all brands of tractors and loaders

/ Electric over Hydraulic Switch New Holland Workmaster 50 #4  
Although my machine is a Kubota, I added the factory 3rd function and all hardware myself. It was a pretty painless job. Saved about $400.

/ Electric over Hydraulic Switch New Holland Workmaster 50 #5  
I had the dealer instal my third function - WR Long - when I bought the grapple from him. He did the instal for $100 labor cost. Mine is electric over hydraulic. For that labor cost, I can't afford to learn how to do it.

/ Electric over Hydraulic Switch New Holland Workmaster 50
I have decided to have the dealer install the kit for me. He said that the kit was expensive and that they only had $80 labor included in the $1000 cost. STx, I am not sure what the buttons are for. They don't seem to do anything now and the dealer told me that they would control the 3rd function for the FEL.

/ Electric over Hydraulic Switch New Holland Workmaster 50 #7  
Got any details on the kit?

I am having a hard time trying to understand what goes into a 3rd function kit that drives the price near $1000 for parts alone.....with already having the switchs on the joystick. All you need is an electric solenoid valve, some hoses and couplers?

/ Electric over Hydraulic Switch New Holland Workmaster 50
Got any details on the kit?

I am having a hard time trying to understand what goes into a 3rd function kit that drives the price near $1000 for parts alone.....with already having the switchs on the joystick. All you need is an electric solenoid valve, some hoses and couplers?

Not sure, but I will post whatever I find out.

/ Electric over Hydraulic Switch New Holland Workmaster 50 #10  
Idaho Implement has the kits.
Here are their prices without shipping.
Complete Kit: 688.70
Complete Kit less Handle: 598.70
Kit less hoses: 419.04
Kit less hoses and handle: 329.04
Don't know how this compares to buying separate components.
I would think that the dealer gets these kits 25% less but that is just a guess.
They do include mounting brackets.