Update on deck coated with bedliner

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #21  
Has anyone done the interior of a mower deck?

You would trap moisture and create more problems with rust. I pressure wash my underside mower deck every now and then before winter and spray penetrating oil on it when it's squeaky clean. Seventeen years later it looks the same as one about two years old.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #22  
I do like this idea, I may have to coat steps and step plates on tractor and backhoe.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #23  
   / Update on deck coated with bedliner #24  
I used rattle-can Slip Plate Amazon.com: SLIP Plate(R) Aerosol, 12-oz: Automotive on the inside of my mower deck. Spray on a couple of heavy coats, let dry, then burnish with coarse steel wool to polish it slick. Depends on what you mow but mine lasted almost 2 year per application. It stays cleaner and more easy to wash off. Also in brush cans.

So, is that slicker than just bare steel? If so, I wonder if it would work in a snowblower chute to reduce friction/clogging?

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #25  
Answers: yup, I masked it off, and just stuffed some newspaper pieces on top of the hardware below the holes so it wouldn't get painted. The center cover was taken off, masked and sprayed. I used this stuff, from NAPA... and I would use it again, if a need arose.

View attachment 485838

Just a caution about the Dupli-Color product. I used it on my truck bed when new in 2004. I now have a large rust thru on the wheel tower I need to repair. The coating is pretty good and fairly tough but it is not flexible. Dents on my bed cracked the coating and rust went through those areas before I realized it was rusting. If you use this kind of material on a surface that can be dented, be sure to check for cracks and recoat to keep it sealed.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #26  
and spray penetrating oil on it when it's squeaky clean. Seventeen years later it looks the same as one about two years old.

Can't argue with that track record! :drink:

You might want to look at Fluid Film. Seems to be really good stuff. I'm finding it very effective.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #27  
So, is that slicker than just bare steel? If so, I wonder if it would work in a snowblower chute to reduce friction/clogging?

Ag stores sell a product--I thought it was "Slip Plate" as well but it was in a different can. Anyway, dirt slides right so maybe snow too? If it's cold enough, I have heard that PAM cooking spray oil keeps a snow blade clean and the snow slides off better.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #29  
That's a nano-particle application. I've read it washes off pretty quickly. Works amazingly well while it's there, but it's not there long. If they get that problem solved, it will be a great thing.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #30  
If you want to bed liner something at home check out "Raptor" bed liner. It is a two part mix that is super simple to mix. Take part one and dump in the bottle to the line, shake for 1 minute then spray it. I have used it on a Mule, several implements, a few tractor floors, hitches and a couple other things and it really holds up great. It is SUPER easy to shoot it if you have a compressor - when you buy the $99 kit you get the gun with it (the kit is supposed to cover a full truck bed). Takes basically no skill (not like painting a car) to shoot it and you can control the thickness. I even did my reloading bench top and it seems totally impervious to gun cleaning chemicals and such.