Jd 4720 woods canopy build

/ Jd 4720 woods canopy build #51  
Andy, I'm the World's worst "Overkill" builder. Downfall is all that weight you are packing around for no reason. Especially high weight in a cage/canopy.

My excuse is I'm cheap. Neighbor deals in pipe primarily. Gets dimensional steel once in awhile that he has no need for. I get it bought really cheap. So,,,, it might be heavy and unnecessarily strong but the price is right!!!! :)

/ Jd 4720 woods canopy build #52  
I probably have about 40 hrs of shop time in it, and about 10 of it was looking at it and thinking how I'm going to do everything, I f I built another one for my other tractor I could do it in about 20 hrs. I probably have another 20hrs of lost sleep laying in bed at night thinking about building it also

Glad I'm not the only one!:laughing:
But in the end, it's all just plain fun to do:thumbsup:

/ Jd 4720 woods canopy build #53  
Welcome to TBN Boomer. Would love to see pics of your Ford. :)
Thank you for the welcome! The old Ford is at the cabin, I'll be there next week for the Wisconsin deer season and will take some pictures then.

/ Jd 4720 woods canopy build
Glad I'm not the only one!:laughing:
But in the end, it's all just plain fun to do:thumbsup:

After reading your thread I've been contemplating on building a skid plate, I've probably got about 2hr of laying on a creeper and head scratching in it and I haven't even cut a piece of steel yet

/ Jd 4720 woods canopy build #55  
I'll see your 2 hours and raise you another 2 or 3:laughing: at least!
Not a lot of mounting options "down there", at least one's on the same plane. A good dose of creative bracketry was needed on mine, but it sure is nice to know it's down there. I've high centered the tractor many time's on it bush hogging my old skid trails keeping them open.

/ Jd 4720 woods canopy build #56  
A skid plate is on my wish list also. That requires materials, which requires a few other things to fall into place. 1/4" steel plate, currently decking on an old trailer loaded with about a dozen pickup truck front/rear ends, at my dad's farm. Always something...