Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor?

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor? #1  

Kubota Tee

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 HSTC-3, Kubota L3540HST-3 (sold)
I am going to be taking delivery on a new-to-me cab model tractor in the next couple of weeks as an upgrade to my current open cab model tractor. I would like to install a dual camera system (with Monitor) on this new tractor - one in the rear and one facing forward for bucket and pallet fork assistance. I have seen several posts here on various systems (4Shorts, Waxman, etc), but I haven't seen anyone using the products from the Rear View Safety company. When I searched the internet for best tractor backup camera systems, I consistently found Rear View Safety as a top pick - especially for the demanding environment associated with tractor usage. Their prices are competitive with other manufacturers such as Cabcam and Agcam, so hoping someone here on the forum has some real life experience they can share. Let me know and as always, pictures are preferred!!

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor? #3  
I have been using rearview safety cameras for several years on my trucks and mounted one this weekend on the tractor. Works great unless the camera is facing the sun and it washes out the picture, but I think they all have that problem.

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor?
Many of us purchased these cameras and monitor. Lots of pics. Mine work great.
See this thread.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/316927-backup-camera-50-a.html

Thanks George! I have seen that post and have waded through most of it which solidified my thoughts on adding this feature to my future cab model tractor (Kubota Grand L5740HSTC). I just want to make sure that whatever I install is going to last the test of time and elements that the tractors get exposed to. I do store my tractor inside, but operate it in all seasons as well as in rough environments.

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor?
I have been using rearview safety cameras for several years on my trucks and mounted one this weekend on the tractor. Works great unless the camera is facing the sun and it washes out the picture, but I think they all have that problem.

Thanks Dave! Do you mind sharing the model number you installed on your tractor? Also, did you do any splicing of the video cables between the camera(s) and the monitor? They seem to come with very long cables and I'm not sure I want all that extra cable laying around.

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor? #6  
Thanks George! I have seen that post and have waded through most of it which solidified my thoughts on adding this feature to my future cab model tractor (Kubota Grand L5740HSTC). I just want to make sure that whatever I install is going to last the test of time and elements that the tractors get exposed to. I do store my tractor inside, but operate it in all seasons as well as in rough environments.

Mines been on the tractor over 2 years now. I did have 1 camera go bad and the monitor went bad. The cameras and monitor are cheap so I bought a few extras cameras and 2 monitors. Since replacing they've been fine. Tractor is also garage kept and used year round. Even though I had to replace the monitor and 1 camera its still worth it to me for the price.
The picture does wash out when facing the sun but so do the factory expensive cameras on my car and truck.
As far as the extra cable, I made my connections under the dash in the cab and folded up the excess and tied it with the tie wrap it came with. Other than power and ground connections no splicing involved, all was plug and play.

I do have to add that my monitor does not see extreme cold temp. Tractor is garage kept at 45 deg. F in winter which is the lowest the monitor sees. Once started and warmed up the cab is nice and warm keeping the monitor happy.

Last edited:
   / Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor? #7  
Another user here. ($50.ish package)
While specs for cold were not great I am pleased to report that even in -25 they work just fine, probably they never anticipated them being used in tractors in cold Canada.
LOL, one problem when blowing snow is that I get reddish snow on the display as my flashing lights reflect on the airborne snow as it exits the blower chute.
PS, I did not rely on the built in switch but instead wired a standard toggle in the +12 VDC line as I found it to be kind of dinky.

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor? #8  
Another user here. ($50.ish package)
While specs for cold were not great I am pleased to report that even in -25 they work just fine, probably they never anticipated them being used in tractors in cold Canada.
LOL, one problem when blowing snow is that I get reddish snow on the display as my flashing lights reflect on the airborne snow as it exits the blower chute.
PS, I did not rely on the built in switch but instead wired a standard toggle in the +12 VDC line as I found it to be kind of dinky.

Cameras love to be cold, the colder the better but TFT displays don't. Astronomical image sensors are chilled and even frozen with liquid nitrogen to reduce noise.

/ Anyone using Rear View Safety (company name) products for backup cameras and monitor? #9  
Sorry, I don't have the model number that I bought. I didn't splice the cables, just coiled and taped them in case I needed to move them in the future.

I just noticed on their website that they offer a wifi version along with an app for android and apple smart phones or tablets. This is causing me to rethink my whole approach and what I want to do in the cab. Perhaps my iPad can become the central hub for camera display, music streaming, and countless other apps that may be available. Wonder if anyone has tried this approach? Let the searching begin!