Tractor
    Kubota 3410 HST

Default Easy add-on for carrying shears, chains. . .

I like to carry extendable ratcheting pruning shears on the tractor when I go into the woods to take care of low hanging branches. Carrying those was always a problem.
    With things I had already laying around, this is what I did - took about an hour:

-I straightened one side of a "U" shaped bracket and attached it to the bottom of a Woods loader bracket with self tapping screws. I then gave it a shot of orange paint.
    -I cut a 4" ABS pipe to a 24" length.
    -I wrapped the horizontal wings of a decorative / black T brace around the 4" ABS
    - I put a cap on one end of the ABS pipe, drilled three holes in it and cut a notch in it (so it could catch on the U bracket which would be supporting it.
    -I slid the vertical part to the T bracket into the woods loader.

I will attach pictures to explain all of this. It works perfectly for my needs. It can be slipped on and off easily. I can carry a couple of shears, a pole saw. It can also be used to haul/keep a chain. It takes a 20 foot loggers chain easily.

Easy add-on for carrying shears, chains. . .-pb101530-jpgEasy add-on for carrying shears, chains. . .-pb101531-jpgEasy add-on for carrying shears, chains. . .-pb101527-jpgEasy add-on for carrying shears, chains. . .-pb101532-jpgEasy add-on for carrying shears, chains. . .-pb101529-jpg
    Last edited by beowulf; 11-10-2016 at 11:49 PM.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    LS G3033H

Default Re: Easy add-on for carrying shears, chains. . .

Good job Beowulf ! I can see me adding something like this .

Tractor
    Kubota 3410 HST

Thanks. What makes it work is the T brace curved around the ABS pipe. Then you can probably use any kind of a brace that you can manage to attach to the frame to support it. I just happened to have the U sort of brace (the kind that a 2x4 can slip into) laying around already so I used that. It remains very securely and firmly attached yet can be slipped off easily. Immediately useful.

Veteran Member
    Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot. North of Coldwater, Near Golo
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20S, Ford 4600

I have something similar that I carry a chain in. Have mine with a cleanout port on top so it can be closed.

Tractor
    Kubota 3410 HST

Quote Originally Posted by RSKY View Post
    I have something similar that I carry a chain in. Have mine with a cleanout port on top so it can be closed.
    Being able to close it is a good idea - I think I will add that. Most of the time my tractor is in a shed when I am not on it, but there are times I have been out in the rain. I think I will add that clean out. I've tried to put a chain in it - 20' logging chain - and it fits. I can then lift the ABS pipe off the tractor and just pour the chain out. I doubt I could get a second chain in there, but usually I only need one.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey 1648

Anyone got anything for carry a chainsaw?