Even Cheaper Backup Camera

/ Even Cheaper Backup Camera #1  

KennyG

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
I was looking at the $50 camera thread and thought it would work well for me. I added mirrors to my soft cab for my 3 point snowblower, but it's not ideal. I found a $30 camera on Amazon and installed it and it seems to work well. Just a 4.3" monitor though.

Amazon.com: Backup Camera and Monitor Kit, Chuanganzhuo License Plate CMOS Wide Angle Back up Camera With 7 LED Night Vision+ 4.3 TFT LCD Monitor: Car Electronics

I need to clean up my wiring a little, but I mostly used the wire looms from my LED light installation and I had an extra 12v switch from that mod. The hardest part was the camera and monitor power wires. Why do they have to use 22 or 24 gauge wire? It's pretty hard to strip and splice.

camera1.jpg

camera2.jpg

camera3.jpg

camera4.jpg

/ Even Cheaper Backup Camera #2  
Great find.

/ Even Cheaper Backup Camera #3  
Not bad. I got one from rural king. Peak brand ( the antifreeze people ). was a kit on sale for 49$, regularly 80$. Works.. not super high quality.... but works..

/ Even Cheaper Backup Camera #4  
I remember cursing that thin wire when I installed my camera system too. It's really hard to work with.

/ Even Cheaper Backup Camera #5  
I've worked with 24ga solid and stranded for years. it's a pita and takes practice.

/ Even Cheaper Backup Camera #7  
I've worked with 24ga solid and stranded for years. it's a pita and takes practice.

I never had much trouble with it. I've used a lot of 30 gauge wire wrap wire too. It's all easy if you have the proper gauge strippers.

/ Even Cheaper Backup Camera #8  
I never had much trouble with it. I've used a lot of 30 gauge wire wrap wire too. It's all easy if you have the proper gauge strippers.

We work with it ok, but the other 99% of the population think its magic.. Just like the rest of electronics ;)

/ Even Cheaper Backup Camera #9  
   / Even Cheaper Backup Camera
I'd forgotten about those telephone splices. I used those a lot when I was doing telephone cable installation, but that was almost 50 years ago. My hassle was splicing the small wires to the 14 gauge SAE disconnects I'm using everywhere else in my aux wiring. I don't know of a splice that's made for that difference in wire size. But I got it cobbled up and working.