Worklights added to my Kubota M7040

/ Worklights added to my Kubota M7040 #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
Here's how I did a clean and simple worklight installation on my Kubota M7040 using holes that were already there. It looks like it belongs. I'm not a big worklight fan and think one is enough but preferably not on the ROPS where it creates shadows. Anyway, I had these two worklights on the shelf so what the heck.

IMG_5756.JPG

Here's the rear taillight before I started. It has a neat hole in it that's awkwardly positioned but lends itself to something more. My new worklight had a bolt arrangement with a hole in the bolt to feed the wires through. It was too long so I shortened it.

IMG_5753.JPG IMG_5752.JPG

Here is the shortened bolt with the hole in it plus the bracket.

IMG_5757.JPG

Here's a mounted light. The wires are not routed yet.

IMG_5754.JPG IMG_5758.JPG

Final install. Of note is that I installed switches in the top of the light and put a rubber waterproof switch cover on.

I'm not a big fan of too many worklights but you never know. Probably better to have and not need than the other way around.This works for me because it looks like it belongs and I had the lights just sitting there. :dog:

/ Worklights added to my Kubota M7040 #4  
Are those incandescent lights? :(

Looks great in any case. :thumbsup:

/ Worklights added to my Kubota M7040
Are those incandescent lights? :(

Looks great in any case. :thumbsup:

Halogen comes to mind but the lights aren't on in the photo. Actually not even fully wired in yet until I find a wire jacket but that's a secret. They will be perfectly serviceable. I'm not going to buy LED's for these since they most likely will rarely get used plus I don't feel like letting these sit while I buy two others. :)

/ Worklights added to my Kubota M7040 #6  
Cool I just got some LEDs for my L3901. Where are you powering these lights from?

Cool I just got some LEDs for my L3901. Where are you powering these lights from?

All Kubotas have pigtails either under the fender or attached to the ROPS. Easy to hook up. Some have one fuse for both lights or some (gulp,mine included) have a fuse for each of the rear work lights. Piece of cake.

They are hot when the key is on so you have to drill a hole in the light and put in a switch. It's easy and I've done a thread on it for my B7800.

/ Worklights added to my Kubota M7040 #8  
Cool, thanks. I am familiar with that circuit because I hooked a Kubota factory rear light kit that I got from the dealer to it. That rear kit was $100 and honestly, the light itself is not that great although the bracket is pretty nice. I'll hook my LEDs in line on that circuit and hopefully not overload it.

Many Kubotas still have the old fender holes where worklights went years back. You can use those holes or find a new one like I did. I'm not a ROPS light fan because they create too many shadows compared with lights mounted lower but that might be just me.

Here we go with the lights on.

IMG_5812.JPG

Turned out to be a pain in the keyster because I had a bad switch that I wired into the light. I kept presuming the wire connection was bad and after the third time of taking everything apart in the cold I figured it had to be the switch. It was.

Anyway, new switch and it's off to the races. Now, I'll probably never need a work light but if I do, I'm golden.