B 2650 custom tool box.

/ B 2650 custom tool box. #11  
Did you put anything as a spacer between the toolbox and the loader arm, or does the weld take up that quarter inch or whatever it is?

/ B 2650 custom tool box.
Did you put anything as a spacer between the toolbox and the loader arm, or does the weld take up that quarter inch or whatever it is?

I used 2 3/8" flat washers between toolbox and the loader arm.

/ B 2650 custom tool box. #13  
My god I wanna be like you guys! You really are my heros. I want to learn to weld and fab so much it's not funny. Where to start???

/ B 2650 custom tool box.
My god I wanna be like you guys! You really are my heros. I want to learn to weld and fab so much it's not funny. Where to start???

Thank you. Until a couple years ago when I retired, I had never really welded before either. I was a heavy equipment operator, so had been around it, but never really had any time on a gun. I went out and bought a Lincoln 140 amp mig welder and taught my self how to weld. One of the best ways to get some knowledge is on youtube. Jody on welding tips and tricks is an awesome place to understand what you should be doing when welding. The rest is practice and get some metal and start fabbing things up you need for your tractor. I picked up a set of 42" forks, and my next fab project is to make all of the frame for the forks. I am going to make them SQAA for my loader, and fab it so I can hook it up to my 3Pt hitch also. Now I am going to sell this welder and get a higher amp welder to do my fork project, which I have been wanting to do any way now that I know I really enjoy fabbing things up. I posted my tool box project on the other tractor forum, and have had a hard time keeping up with demand for people wanting toolboxes, which is a good problem as I enjoy it. My advice is to buy a welder and jump in!!!