Extra Lighting

/ Extra Lighting #1  

tough451

Silver Member
Tractor
451 Massey Ferguson
Extra Lighting

I have a new 451 Massey with the standard foldind ROPs. Anybody have any Idea's on mounting easy to move but brite lights on the ROPs two front and one rear. In the poultry business some times we work late. And bush hogging at night would be helped as the lites in the grill are to low when the grass is tall.(and with the fertlizer we use it's hard to keep up.)
Any suggestions or picture's would be great.
Thanks
Scott /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Extra Lighting #2  
Re: Extra Lighting

Lights on the ROPS are definitely bug attractors. But the magnetic lights at W/M stay in place pretty good and give out a lot of light. Anything else on the ROPS and you will have to fab up some brackets. You could use an ATV light (also at W/M) that is mounted on a stem. They mount easy and you can turn then any direction with adjustment knobs.

/ Extra Lighting #3  

Scott . . . consider YELLOW fog lamps that you'd put on a car. They will attract fewer bugs. I have 4 of them mounted to my ROPS and they seems to work well. Mine are mounted to a piece of angle iron which I then epoxied (waterproof marine expoxy) to the ROPS.

With my epoxy mounting there is no way for them to be easy to move, you might want to consider magnets or clamps.

/ Extra Lighting

See 2 good Ideas so far. Magnets never even crossed my mind. And during chicken house clean out I have to fold the ROPs and the rear lite is to low when using the slat carrier so Magnets lites could sit right where the rops folds and would give me good rear lighting when needed.
Thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Extra Lighting #5  

During clean out, you could stick the magnetic ones vertically on the up-right of the ROPS. That way, you would still have light.

/ Extra Lighting #6  

This may be a stupid question, but what's W/M? WalMart?

/ Extra Lighting #7  

I use large stainless steel hose clamps from NAPA to mount work lights, other items to my rops. Since the rops bar is not completely flat/square, I made a couple of spacers out of old innertube, cut to the size of the base of the light mount brackets, and put a couple of these under each light base. When the hose clamps are tightend down, it really cinches the mounts to the rops.
The lights are mounted to the underside of the top bar of the rops, and can be swiveled on the base either to the front or the back, depending on where I need the most light.
Don't know if they would be useful with the rops folded thou, haven't ever tried it.

Can you dig it?

DT

/ Extra Lighting #8  

W/M = Wal-Mart /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif