3ph Stabilizer Build - Show and Tell Pics

/ 3ph Stabilizer Build - Show and Tell Pics #1  

npalen

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B9200 HSTD and Mahindra 3015
The telescopic type stabilizers are not available for my Kubota B9200 as the space envelope is very limited for conventional lengths. The stock stabilizers are turn buckle type and hard to get at for adjusting because of the tight space next to the tires.

I visited with Mark Hodge (stabilworks) and he doesn't offer this unconventional size so I decided to fab in the shop using 1 1/2" square tubing for the female and 1 1/4" square shaft for the male.

Had to machine a little off the thickness of the shaft to give it sliding clearance inside the tube. The tube needed some wall thickness so welded 1/4" x 1" flat to the top and bottom before drilling the holes.

Made the two eyebolts out of 1 1/2" round and single pointed the threads as I have no 5/8"-11 die. They are overkill sizewise but will work okay.

The second and third pictures above were taken with the right rear tire removed. The lift arms are a tight fit inside the tires when pivoted outwards.

Thanks for all who responded with suggestions to the thread below. I decided to go without slots for the time being and see how that works. There is enough slop in the 30 year old tractor to allow some lower arm lateral movement even when pinned.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/374400-need-help-hole-spacing-3-a.html

Attachments

• STABILIZER-25.JPG
    STABILIZER-25.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 213
  • STABILIZER-21.JPG
    STABILIZER-21.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 298
  • STABILIZER-22.JPG
    STABILIZER-22.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 219
  • STABILIZER-23.JPG
    STABILIZER-23.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 336
  • STABILIZER-24.JPG
    STABILIZER-24.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
   / 3ph Stabilizer Build - Show and Tell Pics #2  
Very nice. My only suggestion would be to chain the pins so they can't get lost. If you were buying those links, they'd be $200, for sure.

/ 3ph Stabilizer Build - Show and Tell Pics #3  
Those look great!

/ 3ph Stabilizer Build - Show and Tell Pics
Very nice. My only suggestion would be to chain the pins so they can't get lost. If you were buying those links, they'd be $200, for sure.

Good idea. I added 1/16" cable lanyards.