Replacement Tractor steps

/ Replacement Tractor steps #1  

Whatswrong

Gold Member
Tractor
B434 ,V 700 and 1086
I know there are people whom sell them but my conscience won't allow me to spend near $500.00 for set . My tractor is IHC1256 with ICB cab. Any ideas.

/ Replacement Tractor steps #2  
It shouldn't be too hard to fab up some steps using flat and angle steel. Any pics of what happened to yours.

/ Replacement Tractor steps
Picture this ,some one decided they needed more ground clearance I think so bent the hangers a bit more and added about six inches to the rear brace .I'm soon 70 and less agile and maybe shrinking so it darn near kills me to crawl in and out . I also have a strong inclination to jump so it is killing my knees. The bottom step is +/_ 24 in. off the ground.

I have a set from a MM combine I have been measuring and studying that I'm sure will work ,I believe I have the right iron to mount them ,just looking for some other point of views.

/ Replacement Tractor steps #4  
I bent both of mine, on both of my tractors. I just took them off and put them on the other side. They are still bent, but in a much easier way to get on and off the tractors.

/ Replacement Tractor steps #5  
I took the step off the right side of my Kioti and have no use for it. If you want it, PM me your address and particulars with phone number.

never mind the PM. If your tractor looks like the one pictured below, then my step wont work.

Last edited:
   / Replacement Tractor steps #6  
It looks like this?

a64543.jpg

I always liked the step on the back of the heavy equipment service truck.
Two pieces of steel cable, about 1" diameter, with the step(s) attached.

Hit something, the cable just flexes,, and comes right back.

/ Replacement Tractor steps #7  
Maybe you could bend that step so it isn't so much angle, then it would be closer to the ground. Or you could make an additional step and use chain to hang it on the outside edge of the last step.

It is similar to the picture but not the same .I have contemplated bending it back to original but I measured it this morning and it is 26 inches off the ground and I don't think it will even gain 2 by bending it back to original . I have tried to visualize an extension that would be good as well as look decent and because the original frame is a bar of 5/8 in square it isn't nice to work with .I have contemplated a rubber flexible extension like new tractors and combines have .

Attachments

• 20160321_161623.jpg
    20160321_161623.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 345
A bit of a start ,spotted together .Couple inches lower than I aimed for but better for kids and old people .

Attachments

• tractor step.jpg
    tractor step.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 252
Ready for paint now ,no rear brace yet ,but I don't plan to weld it to the step ,just bolts.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20170301_154312_HDRtractor step 2.jpg
    thumbnail_20170301_154312_HDRtractor step 2.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 480
  • tractor step 3.jpg
    tractor step 3.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 205