Mods to my post hole digger

/ Mods to my post hole digger #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
I built my own post hole digger a few years ago with a 12 " auger. It works great but I play a lot of trees so I found a used 24" bit. It's been a struggle as my property slopes and the big bit just bangs along the hillside instead of digging in. So took a long look at the problem and decided that lengthening the front point should improve the initial grab.

Will test it tomorrow. IMG_3641.JPG

/ Mods to my post hole digger #2  
Good luck. I hope the stinger doesn't bend if it hits a rock down deep.

/ Mods to my post hole digger
It is too long. I will probably shorten in v2. No rocks on our property. Just roots. The hydraulic motor is crazy torquey. We will see.

/ Mods to my post hole digger #4  
Good idea. Just have to see how it works out and go from there. I usually start my holes by digging the spot with my shovel enough to hold the auger in place. Your idea is better.

/ Mods to my post hole digger #5  
I would add a jam nut next to each nut on the threaded rod extension, and tighten the heck out of them. You don't want to lose that tip about 4 ft down!!! Good luck with it, hope it works great!

/ Mods to my post hole digger
Well one hole dug today, no issues. I could make the rod a bit shorter... It is too long (although before I do I am going out on a severe slope and giving it a spin).

/ Mods to my post hole digger #7  
Got a link to the post hole digger build?