Kubota (Wimpy Hydraulics)

/ Kubota (Wimpy Hydraulics) #1  

guppy

I have a B-5100 /12h.p. with a snow plow on front end.I was told that to use it I would have to jam the lift arms on the 3 P.H..Is there a factory part for this, or did kubota leave this problem for the consumer to resolve.Also,Is there a O ring rebuild kit for the front cylinder.

/ Kubota (Wimpy Hydraulics) #2  
Why would you have to worry about the 3PH arms to use a front plow I wonder?

For example, the MMM on a BX tractor is lifted by the 3PH mechanism, but the 3PH arms going up and down don't seem to be an issue when the mower goes up and down... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

There is probably some obvious reason that I am missing, but unless your 3PH arms drag on the ground when all the way down why would they be a problem when using a front blade?

OK. I guess I will answer my own question. Your Hydraulic pump/system is in such poor condition that it lacks the pressure to lift the weight of the 3PH arms and the front blade at the same time, right???

In that case...you could probably use a chain from the top link attach point to each of the arms to hold them up.

Is there a chance that you have a faulty pressure relief valve on the tractor and this is the reason for lack of hydraulic pressure (if that is what you have)?

That really would be wimpy hydraulics... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Kubota (Wimpy Hydraulics)
The rear 3ph works fine,But when I try to lift the front blade,the lift arms at back come up and hit the Hydraulic cutoff switch and the front blade doesnt move.If the rear lift arms are tied down in the low posistion the front blade works.Thanks Steve

/ Kubota (Wimpy Hydraulics) #4  
It's not whimpy hydraulics, rather it's the design of the system. Having to chain down the 3-point lift arms is what you have to do on older tractors like 8Ns becuase the hydraulics don't have power beyond capabilities in the control valve. You have to tap into the test port to power another cylinder, this is also the circuit that powers the 3-point. So by chaining down the lift arms you are effectively forcing the fluid to flow to your other cylinder and not the 3-point ram.

/ Kubota (Wimpy Hydraulics) #5  
Is your front blade lifted up and down via a rod that runs from the three point hitch at the back?

Steve

/ Kubota (Wimpy Hydraulics) #6  
How is the snow plow hooked in to the hydraulics?

I would have two guesses to look at. One, there is a 3pt lift/drop speed control knob under the seat on a lot of the "B" series. Adjusting it might help. There is also a switch/valve on the hydraulic connect. On my B8200, when using the loader, the little valve had to be turned on for proper operation of forward hydraulics. On mine, it is on the front right side of the tranny; apparently all hydraulic flow for auxillary hydraulics(loader, 3pt, ect) is directed through this mechanism.

Also, are the hydro fluid, strainer, filter ect clean , full, and good? How long since this has been changed?

/ Kubota (Wimpy Hydraulics)
Thanks, Steve Miller Henro Robert N Jrlichina Ihave checked several and will check all of your sugestions.For now the tie down application is working well.Thank you very much for good infomation and your help.Steve O. Guppy OH.how about that rebuild kit for my leaky front cylinder. Thanks again

/ Kubota (Wimpy Hydraulics) #8  
Yes you should be able to get the rebuild kit. Kubota has one for my bx. I had a small hydraulic leak on my bucket cylinder that I didn't wan't to turn in for warrantee. Mine was just an o-ring, so I purchased it at a hydraulic shop for under a buck. Kubota wanted 35 dollars for the kit for mine. Don't know what the price would be for yours.

/ Kubota (Wimpy Hydraulics) #9  
Just looking at the book on my B8200. The vavle I mentioned is called the "directional valve". It is the basic distribution center for the hydraulics. There are three sets of ports; one for the 3pt which appears to always be actove, second for power steering, and third for additional implements.

The loader, TnT, ect hooks to the third port. That port can be turned on and off depending if an implement is installed or not. In my case, when my loader was installled, it was attached to that port, and the valve was turned on for the auxillary hydraulics.

Maybe your plow is hooked in to the 3pt hydraulics instead of the auxillary hydraulics?

Might be worth getting the manual on the tractor; mine was $16 for the user manual; the service manual was$50 or $75, I can't remember now /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Kubota (Wimpy Hydraulics) #10  
I will bet the hyd line going to the loader originates from the side test port under the seat, pointing at the left rear tire. The hyd line probably runs under the tractor to pop out on the right side, up to the blade angle controls. Anyhow, it is correct that the 3pt arms have to be locked down to force fluid into the test port- onto the blade control valve. This is a cheapie way to add front hyd, and I cant imagine it was the factory setup...but maybe.....