Another BX 25 instrument cluster

/ Another BX 25 instrument cluster #1  

mud roller

Tractor
Kubota BX 25D
After having all the stuff for the better part of a year I finally got around to
installing an instrument cluster on the BX 25 hood.

I added a volt, Engine oil pressure and transmission Temperature gauge
to a pod located on the hood of the tractor.

All are electrically operated with the oil pressure and transmission temperature gauges having a remote sensor.

I am a fan of old fashion needle gauges with minimal brains.

The gauges supply voltage comes directly from the alternator through a 5 amp inline fuse, It
feeds all the gauges, when not running they will not kill the battery because I have earlier added a battery switch.

Not shown is a Plexiglas cover for wet operations.

With the mower on right now I have not yet installed the transmission temperature sensor,
it will get installed during the cold weather switch over.

I got the cluster pod on Amazon for 13$ and built the bracket out of left overs on hand.

Vibration has not been an issue,

At last I can see what's goin' on!!

My thanks to all the folks on tractorbynet for the great ideas!!

20170629_153533.jpg20170629_153556.jpg20170629_153606.jpg20170629_153622.jpg20170629_153650.jpg20170629_153926.jpg

/ Another BX 25 instrument cluster #4  
What is your sensor for the HST Temp? Where will you install it? I am interested in capturing that info on my BX. What do you do with wires and capillary tubes when you lift the hood?

Ron

You can see in the pictures with the hood up, those tubes and wires are in the long wire loom routed under the hood up to the front hinge bracket.

/ Another BX 25 instrument cluster
You can see in the pictures with the hood up, those tubes and wires are in the long wire loom routed under the hood up to the front hinge bracket.

Yes all the wires are in the wire loom under the hood, it joins with the on engine loom already there.there are no capillary tubes.

The sensors are electronic and are wired, they more trouble free in the long run.

Because of the mower being on I haven't installed the Transmission temperature sensor yet.

I will post the location as soon as I find a home for it, I will be looking for a low pressure port that is fairly protected, possibly even the dipstick on the rear.

Sorry I just haven't got that far yet.

/ Another BX 25 instrument cluster #6  
So like everybody else I had issues with water in my Gauges. Of course when it starting smoking it was the connector that melted before the gauge gave up the ghost. It never blew a fuse. I searched and searched for the connector with no success. I finally found the connector and pins. This is a Aptiv (formerly Delphi) GT 150 series sealed connector. The connector is common and available everywhere I buy this type of stuff. Crimp Supply (the one google finds without a www in front of it) sells the individually. They sell them on E-bay also. The pins are 18-16 Ga. Female Metri-Pack Terminal, GT 150 Series, Sealed (manufacture part number 12191819) version. The wire seals are Blue 18-16 Ga. Metri-Pack Seals, GT 150 Series, Sealed (manufacture part number 15366060). The empty spaces ar filled with Green Metri-Pack Cavity Plugs, GT 150 Series, Sealed (manufacture part number 15305171). The release tool I use is Metri-Pack Terminal Release Tool part number 12094429. and the crimpers I use are cheap version part number 37A11019 I have rebuilt many connector with these through the years. And last but not least the connector is a 16-Way Female Metri-Pack Housings, GT 150 Series, Sealed (manufacture part number 15326863) version. I reuse the rear "purple" wire clamp so I do not have a part number for it. I will take pictures if anybody is interested.