3 speed PTO with reverse!

/ 3 speed PTO with reverse! #1  

roadhunter

Elite Member
Tractor
JCB 212SU
So many of you may remember that I modified a vermeer trencher to use as a log skidder. It's a neat little tractor with a 6 way blade in front and a hydraulic winch on back. Works great for working in the woods and I don't worry about scratching it up in he woods like I would if it was my other tractor. It's a lot of fun in the winter and with chains has hauled suburbans and 3/4 ton trucks up hills when the ice was too bad to make it up. Anyhow I've always wanted to make use of the shaft that drove the trencher. It's 1-1/4" and had a flange that must have bolted to the trencher attachment. I kicked around several ideas but settled on a lovejoy connection with standard tractor PTO shaft. I just cut the flange off. The neat thing about this is when using the PTO it is driven off the tranny so it has 3 speeds and reverse. I'm thinking that reverse would be real nice for things like digging post holes. Ended up not costing much as a couple bearings, shaft, and lovejoys from surplus center are affordable. It's offset but I don't think that will be an issue. I mostly use this on a PTO chipper so it will be great for that.

IMG_2367.JPG
IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2371.JPG

/ 3 speed PTO with reverse! #2  
That would work good for post hole digging. Does it have a way to mount and lift/lower a standard 3pt auger?

When I was shopping for a backhoe I came across a Vermeer that had a blade on the front and a backhoe on the rear for not much money. It was gone before I could get to it.