making a blade that attaches to a loader bucket. Im sure someone has done it.

/ making a blade that attaches to a loader bucket. Im sure someone has done it. #11  
For those who don't know...:)

Bruce

/ making a blade that attaches to a loader bucket. Im sure someone has done it. #12  
Ah good to know. What about cutting a large tank in half and cutting teeth holes in the bottom. Then weld a hook to the top so that a chain binder can secure it? If money is no object the sky is the limit.

/ making a blade that attaches to a loader bucket. Im sure someone has done it. #13  
Look at a lot of what local department stores and malls use to attach to wheel loaders to do their parking lots. Lots of snow pushers and shop-made plows, and most attach pretty simply...some by driving the cutting edge of the existing bucket into a bracket, and maybe throwing a chain or strap on (some snow pushers don't even do that, so they can just pick them up to push, then set them aside to stack with the bucket).

Redirect Notice

/ making a blade that attaches to a loader bucket. Im sure someone has done it. #14  
I'll snap some and upload them when I get home from work today.

IMG_0271.JPG

It was dark when I got home today. Got to love this time of year lol. I'll put more pics up tomorrow when it's not so dark. Also, excuse the rust. I haven't gotten around to painting it yet.

/ making a blade that attaches to a loader bucket. Im sure someone has done it. #15  
In my application, I installed a cheap Harbor freight 3PT QA to the loader bucket. Two bolts and a top linkage make a quick installation. I did it primarily for a blade but you can actually attach any 3PT implements.

Attachments

• QA.jpg
    QA.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 229
   / making a blade that attaches to a loader bucket. Im sure someone has done it. #16  
IMG_0272.JPGIMG_0273.JPG

My Massey has its own version of the quick attach for swapping out attachments on the FEL which is why i welded those pins in. Certainly isn't going to win a beauty award, but it cost me less than 200 bucks and moved 100+" of snow over last winter!

/ making a blade that attaches to a loader bucket. Im sure someone has done it. #17  
In my application, I installed a cheap Harbor freight 3PT QA to the loader bucket. Two bolts and a top linkage make a quick installation. I did it primarily for a blade but you can actually attach any 3PT implements.
I welded a QH to a SSQA plate. Was my plow mount. Made movng & working on impliments dam handy too.IMG_20150117_153817.jpgIMG_20150117_153836.jpg20161025_152850.jpg

/ making a blade that attaches to a loader bucket. Im sure someone has done it.
Thank You everyone. I have some ideas and I think the first thing I will do is try to find an old snow plow blade and then make up something like I see in the pics. Thanks again.

/ making a blade that attaches to a loader bucket. Im sure someone has done it. #19  
I'll vote for scrapping the idea right now. Have you ever pushed snow on steel tracks? You wouldn't believe how fast a machine can move sideways on those fancy ice skates. I'd take a tractor with tire chains hands down unless you plan on corking the tracks to make them better able to grip the ice.

I can concur with this whole heartedly. We once rented a D6 dozer for logging in the winter. We had the thing for 2 weeks which was two weeks too long in my mind. Cheeks can only pucker just so much as that thing skated all over the place.