Adding tie down points to front of tractor

/ Adding tie down points to front of tractor #1  

Jasonwbryant

Tractor
LS U5020
Right now when I haul my tractor, I wrap the axles with chain and use ratchet binders. This can be a hassle at times when I have to pull the tractor really far forward because of a long implement. I want to add some sort of tie down point to the frame just behind the front guard. The holes are already there so no frame modification is required. The largest hole looks to be about 5/8" diameter. I would love to be able to hook the ratchet binder directly to the tie down and skip using the chain on that end. Any ideas on where to find such item?

Last edited:
   / Adding tie down points to front of tractor #2  
Re: Adding the down points to front of tractor

I bolted D-rings to the frame of my tractor. Easy to drop a chain thru and tie down.

Attachments

• mini_DSCN2154.JPG
    mini_DSCN2154.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 1,904
  • mini_DSCN2153.JPG
    mini_DSCN2153.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,209
   / Adding tie down points to front of tractor
Re: Adding the down points to front of tractor

Small world, I have an LS U5020. I thought about doing exactly what you did but I would really love to not have to use a chain at the tractor end, just to save a step.

/ Adding tie down points to front of tractor #4  
For only one hole, keep an eye out for a couple of good used or surplus hoist rings. They can be expensive new.

hoist ring - Google Search

Bruce

/ Adding tie down points to front of tractor
Yeah those would work perfectly.

/ Adding tie down points to front of tractor #6  
I installed a D ring on each side of the frame on the front through holes that were already in the frame. They stay on the tractor all the time.

/ Adding tie down points to front of tractor #7  
I removed two hex head bolts on my front frame and replaced then with eye bolts, I just hook into the eye. The frame holes were threaded and I was able to match the thread with the eye bolt. I did get longer bolts and I put a nut on the backside just to make sure the anchor point was strong.

/ Adding tie down points to front of tractor #8  
That LS front end looks suspiciously like the front of my Kioti !!!!

Anyway, are the rings strong enough to hold the tractor if it shifts. That looks like a very good idea to me. I move my tractor all the time and that would make tie down much easier. Probably more secure too.

RSKY

/ Adding tie down points to front of tractor #9  
That LS front end looks suspiciously like the front of my Kioti !!!!

Anyway, are the rings strong enough to hold the tractor if it shifts. That looks like a very good idea to me. I move my tractor all the time and that would make tie down much easier. Probably more secure too.

RSKY

Those D-rings have an 11,000 lb rating embossed on them. They can be purchased from TCS, Home Depot, HF, Lowes, Runnings or whatever place in your area sells D-rings. I used metric bolts / nuts equivalent to grade 8. I bought extras and have added some to my trailers where I needed another tie down point.

/ Adding tie down points to front of tractor #10  
IMG_3765.JPG

Another TBN member came up with this. I copied, with his help. Works like a champ.