AC/DC inverter for a tractor?

/ AC/DC inverter for a tractor?
Don't forget to install a inline fuse (or breaker) rated for the line size. If the starter dead shorted you could easily ruin the inverter otherwise. If it will be hard wired, I would also include a cutoff switch for removal or maintenance.

I am installing a 2000w inverter in my 5th wheel, and using 3/0 wire and 200amp inline fuse. A 2/0 wire would handle the load, but a 2000w inverter could draw nearly 200amps. A LOT more in surge mode.

Good advice. Thanks. :thumbsup:

/ AC/DC inverter for a tractor? #22  
I didn't read all of this, but what I did was add winch cable connectors to the tractors, and bought one 2000watt inverter. When ever I need to use it, I just plug it in, so it's not sitting on the tractor. You could run a set of cables to the rear and mount the connector behind the seat. I also made a long extension cord with two connectors. My intent was if I was away from the house and needed the 120V, I could just plug it in. Don't need it enough to keep it permanently mounted. Also can put it on my JLG lift for 120V service at the bucket.

An option is to use Anderson plugs between your battery and inverter.
Install the inverter on your blower.
Now you just plug and unplug battery power to your inverter and dont use up precious space on your tractor.
Anderson Plug | eBay

SNIP

Dave M7040

Was re-reading this thread, just thought I'd thank Dave for that suggestion. Interestingly, I already use that plug on the back of my trucks to provide power to the winches on my different trailers. Love those plugs. I used to keep batteries on the different trailers for winching different loads onto the trailers. After having a couple of batteries stolen, I started using these "Anderson" plugs, ran welding cable from the battery posts to the plug and now I don't have to worry about stolen batteries off of my trailers. I hate thieves.

Rams :drink:

/ AC/DC inverter for a tractor? #24  
Yep... I use them in my service truck for dual batteries, inverter and jumper cables.

/ AC/DC inverter for a tractor? #25  
Was re-reading this thread, just thought I'd thank Dave for that suggestion. Interestingly, I already use that plug on the back of my trucks to provide power to the winches on my different trailers. Love those plugs. I used to keep batteries on the different trailers for winching different loads onto the trailers. After having a couple of batteries stolen, I started using these "Anderson" plugs, ran welding cable from the battery posts to the plug and now I don't have to worry about stolen batteries off of my trailers. I hate thieves.

Rams :drink:

I made HEAVY DUTY (think I used #2) jumper cables 22' long, to reach from my vehicle battery, back to my equipment trailer winch (9,500 lb. Superwinch).
I did not want a permanent cable installation.
I want my son to be able to use the cables, and trailer, with his truck also.
I have extra HEAVY DUTY spring clamps on the battery end, and 350 amp. Anderson connectors on the winch end.
Works for me!
The trailer gets very infrequent use.

I made HEAVY DUTY (think I used #2) jumper cables 22' long, to reach from my vehicle battery, back to my equipment trailer winch (9,500 lb. Superwinch).
I did not want a permanent cable installation.
I want my son to be able to use the cables, and trailer, with his truck also.
I have extra HEAVY DUTY spring clamps on the battery end, and 350 amp. Anderson connectors on the winch end.
Works for me!
The trailer gets very infrequent use.

Understood, really depends on how you use the winch. I don't loan my equipment to anyone so, a permanent install on both of my Dodge Rams worked out for me. :thumbsup:

Rams:drink: