Anyone seen a tool box/carrier like this?

/ Anyone seen a tool box/carrier like this? #1  

4lane

Bronze Member
Tractor
2008 Kioti CK30
I'm looking for a small, 3pt mounted tool carrier. One that isn't extending out the back far, but something I can hang my chainsaw from and carry a gas/oil can. I saw an image of a guy with this one which looks great. Seems like it's a 3pt mount. Does anyone know where I can get this or something similar?

11006.jpg

Last edited:
   / Anyone seen a tool box/carrier like this? #3  
It's hard to imagine attaching anything to the PTO output shaft with that in the way. I had a 5-gallon water jug mount on mine when I got the tractor. It was welded higher up on the ROPS vertical above the fender but towards the rear. I was bumping my head on it all the time. After drawing blood the last time, I took my angle grinder and cut it off. I don't like anything extra getting in the way of the working end. It's hard enough for me to maneuver through the hitch to attach the drive.

/ Anyone seen a tool box/carrier like this? #5  
Looks easy enough to build... looks like the 'tray' is close to the hight of the top link, with legs down to lower links, giving hitch and PTO clearance.

/ Anyone seen a tool box/carrier like this? #7  
A counter balance box works good for that. If you leave it empty it works as a tool box. It might be bigger than what you are looking for. I think years ago I was a thread about customizing them. I've seen people add PVC pipe for shovels and such.
View attachment 532352

/ Anyone seen a tool box/carrier like this? #8  
I made this from an old towbar. The uprights stick up and the box has sockets that slip over. I was getting a pic of that part when I dropped my phone and killed it. :(

Attachments

• toolbox1.jpg
    toolbox1.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 1,206
   / Anyone seen a tool box/carrier like this? #9  
A counter balance box works good for that. If you leave it empty it works as a tool box. It might be bigger than what you are looking for. I think years ago I was a thread about customizing them. I've seen people add PVC pipe for shovels and such.
View attachment 532352

I did the same. Carries 2 lengths of chain. And a couple of hand tools. 6FD74458-2DAE-4D91-8783-3F1D99B381BF.jpegE9318083-EC16-44D0-85D3-452D8DCC720B.jpeg

/ Anyone seen a tool box/carrier like this? #10  
Like Mike48130, I use an empty ballast box to carry tools: Ballast Box 3 Point Category 1 Tractor Attachment

Ballast Box.jpg

I like the Titan model since it's a bit more compact. It will hold 750# of gravel if you need ballast. The gravel is easily dumped using the trap door. The Titan also has a 2" receiver hitch built in for towing or even adding another storage container.