Converted Tractor Seat To Air Suspension--pics

/ Converted Tractor Seat To Air Suspension--pics #11  
I have a combination of racquetballs and tennis balls under my Kubota seat. The spring loaded seats bottom out and transfer that shock right up the spine. The balls act as a soft bump stop and works.

/ Converted Tractor Seat To Air Suspension--pics
Now that's a good idea! My problem with the springs is they are way too stiff. Need to eat more carbs?

/ Converted Tractor Seat To Air Suspension--pics #13  
The balls act as a soft bump stop and works.

While I may be guilty of taking this line out of context, I find quite the opposite to be true and rather painful. :dance1:

/ Converted Tractor Seat To Air Suspension--pics #14  
Quote Originally Posted by Ribz View Post

The balls act as a soft bump stop and works.

While I may be guilty of taking this line out of context, I find quite the opposite to be true and rather painful. :dance1:

source.gif

/ Converted Tractor Seat To Air Suspension--pics #16  
Slick idea.

One of the reasons I bought my Branson 6530DC rather than a popular brand was the high back/armrests/adjustable lumbar/air compressor operated seat.

One of the things I learned over the years about air seats and your idea would be included, is the effect of atmospheric pressure/temperature on, and the natural venting through the pores of the rubber on bladder air pressure. I find that, especially in cold weather that maintaining the desired pressure requires a lot more attention........butttt so be it!

I have spent a ton of time and money in the search for a soft ride in my tractors and air suspension is the softest/most uniform type of support that I have found. A combination of springs and air works extremely well for great softness of the ride and super dynamic range for when you bounce over that Gopher hole or such.

/ Converted Tractor Seat To Air Suspension--pics #17  
The coil springs on the seat of my NH 1920 do bottom out on large bumps. But my old IH Cub Cadet seat never seemed to bottom out and provides a comfy ride. It uses a two heavy-duty plate/leaf springs instead of coil springs.

/ Converted Tractor Seat To Air Suspension--pics #18  
My MF has some seat adjustment so is not too bad, but the old 8n with an un-padded steel pan seat mounted on a single steel leaf was much more comfortable on rough ground, it had about 6" or more of travel. Winter use was a little different story though:cold:

/ Converted Tractor Seat To Air Suspension--pics #19  
Folks been putting balls under seats on tractors around here for many years, it works pretty good.

SR

/ Converted Tractor Seat To Air Suspension--pics #20  
Another thing people can do for a much better ride is swap out the cheap Original Equipment Manufactuer's seat with one from a car. I happened to have a Ford Focus going for scrap metal, so I robbed the seat out of that for my Bulldozer. Some people do not like the look, but they don't ride in it either!

Just a difference approach to the same problem.
Slick idea there too. Looks like you are setup for some serious logging.