Lift kit for tractor

/ Lift kit for tractor #1  

Lee Majors

Tractor
Ls 3033H & Bobcat CT235
I will try to make a long story short!

Tractor is a LS 3033H with a loader.

I bought a new dump trailer to replace my old dump trailer. It is very important that my tractor can load this dump trailer (that's the main use for it) and it can't!

I measured the old dump trailer sides they are 52" high. Perfect height for the capacity that I need for my companies work. So I told the company making my new trailer I need the sides to be 52" tall for the new build. Once I took ownership and got home I realized I was going to be in trouble. The company who built the new trailer did build the sides to 52" just like I asked, but I didn't take into consideration that they build a better quality trailer then what I had been using and built the dump trailers box ontop of a series of two 5-6" channel frames. So now my trailer is roughly 5" to tall for my tractor to dump into.

What can I do to get higher reach out of my tractor? Making ramps is not an option
I need something I can put on the tractor to get more reach like taller front tires etc....

For now im still using the old dump trailer which was supposed to be sold to help pay for the new one.

/ Lift kit for tractor #2  
Hi you can't just change the front tires because of the gear ratio with the four wheel drive , Might have to get the trailer sides cut down

/ Lift kit for tractor #3  
Can’t see how to gain 5” without really compromising stability, which is the worst thing you can do on a tractor.

/ Lift kit for tractor
I can't cut the sides of the trailer down. We have to be able to handle 15 yards of mulch per load for our landscaping company. So If I cut the sides then I need to buy a new trailer to hold 15 yards of mulch . :duh:

/ Lift kit for tractor #5  
You might have to trade it back in and order the correct height or buy a bigger tractor:D

/ Lift kit for tractor #6  
Other than changing all the tires to much larger (and keep the ratio the same) there really is no way. Plus once you change the tire the gearing on the tractor would change, they may not fit in the fenders, etc...
Seems that your tractor should be able to dump over 5' - Think a photo of it not working may help a bit as I cant picture not being able to dump at 5' (thinking the tractor is hitting the trailer and you cant reach into the trailer not that the bucket cant get up to 5')??
Can you extend the bucket out to get more reach perhaps if thats the problem (at the same time u will lose lifting capacity however) - some kind of adapter?
Seems easier to have the trailer sides cut down, or sell it, eat a bit of a lose perhaps and buy a different one that works for you.

/ Lift kit for tractor #7  
It seems that if using a ramp or cutting down the trailer sides are not options then you need a tractor with a higher lift. LS tractors all have good lift capacities but have one of the lowest lift heights on the market. Many LS owners have complained about this and LS has lost many sales for this reason. Most CUT's in the 36-45 HP range do have the lift height needed for your new trailer.

Last edited:
   / Lift kit for tractor #8  
Why not buy a bigger tractor? Or a bigger loader for your present tractor. Sell the old one to pay for the new one.

Anything like digging digging a trench to lower the trailer will get old quick.

/ Lift kit for tractor #9  
I don't know there pmsmechanic. Around here there are tons of "loading ramps". Mainly for getting livestock into or out of large livestock trailers.

If the OP's loading area is in one common location I can easily see a ramped loading dock arrangement. Drive the new trailer along side the loading dock and load it by driving the tractor up on the dock and then dump into the much lower trailer. I've seen this done several times.

/ Lift kit for tractor #10  
Why can’t you load it? My dump truck side boards are probably 65” and my tractor loads them with no problem. And be no problem sometimes I have to shake dirt out of the bucket instead of dumping it but I get by. I don’t see any other logical solution to raise your tractor beside using a ramp. You can’t put bigger tires on it because that would mess up the 4x4 ratio. You could have taller loader brackets fabricated but then the loader won’t reach the ground anymore.