Need hysraulic help - winter's coming

/ Need hysraulic help - winter's coming #1  

zmansmac

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
Need hysraulic help - winter\'s coming

Last year I modified my rear blade to fit in place of my FEL bucket and it works great (no neck strain either). But I need both lift and curl functions of the loader valve. This year I intend to add power angle to the blade but I'm still a newbie on hydraulics. I have read many of the posts with all the great advice given to people like me and I'm hoping someone can clear up my confusion. I had planned on installing a simple open center valve in series with the loader valve. In other words, remove the hose going to the inlet of the loader valve and connect it to the inlet of the new valve. Then take a new hose and connect it from the outlet of the new valve to the inlet of the loader valve. I realize that I cannot simultaneously work both valves but that is not a problem for this application. I've been looking at inexpensive open center valves at Surplus Center and I do not see any that have a power beyond port which seems to be the preferred advice given to TNB folks. Will my scheme work? If it matters, I have a B7500 with a 402 loader.

/ Need hysraulic help - winter's coming #2  
Re: Need hysraulic help - winter\'s coming

John
Your hookup will work.
It would be better to remove the power beyond hose from the FEL valve and connect it to the OUT of your new valve. Then connect a hose from PB port of FEL valve and connect it to the IN port of the new valve.
This will keep loader valve with pressure on it at all times.
Here is a current thread on the same subject. Click Here
Does the B7500 have a 302 or 402 loader?

/ Need hysraulic help - winter's coming #3  

some different options would be to

A: get a new section for you're existing FEL valve and NEW bolts so that you have 3 work ports/sections on the fel valve and plumb it there. this would be pretty cheap and you can use it gfor grapel on the bucket by makeing QDs out front and beable to run all sections at same time.

B: get a DIVERTER VALVE: 12 v dc one and tie it into the existing FEL valve on the fel using QD unions so that you can flip a switch and then use the CURL function to opperate the power angle... this is probably the lest expensive way but you will then only have curl or angle but not both @ same time.

Mark M

/ Need hysraulic help - winter's coming #4  

In order for the circuit to work properly and to avoid any warranty hassles with Kubota and any possible damage to your hydraulic system, your additional valve must be configured with power beyond. It is not good practice to dump low pressure oil from a valve's work ports into a high pressure line that goes to the 3pt.

Surplus Center has several valves in the 12 to 25 gpm range that have power beyond capability. A single spool Prince SV valve is one chioce. An Eaton-Cessna at 5 gpm with power beyond is another choice with a smaller footprint. You will pay at least $100 to $150 no matter what brand you get.

As for plumbing your new valve, that will depend on where it is mounted. One method would be to disconnect the loader's PB hose and connect it to your valve's PB port. Then run a hose from the loader PB port to your valve's inlet port. Then run a hose from your valve's outlet port and tee it into the loader's return to tank line either at the loader valve or at the transmission sump.

/ Need hysraulic help - winter's coming

Thank you all for your replies. I knew I could count on the fluid power experts on TBN. You gave me some ideas and options I would have never thought of myself. I'm leaning toward the idea about the diverter and switch because I like inexpensive. But need to give that operational scenario a little more thought. I'll post some pictures and information on my whole setup after this part is done.

/ Need hysraulic help - winter's coming #6  

DSo you really need the curl with a blade?? Sugest replace curl cylinders with top links for adjustment, and then use curl cyls for angling the plow.