Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

Default Use universal \"suitcase\" weights on Kubota

After a little bit of engineering and fabrication, I made a setup on my new L5030 that will hold my old "John Deere" suitcase weights whenever I don't have my loader installed. Here is pic of how it looks. It's all a bit dusty, but we officially had zero rain in So. Indiana for the month of Sept; a new weather record. Anyway, if anyone has any suitcase style weights laying around that they want to use on a kubota "L" series tractor with a front brush guard, just let me know and I'll give you a copy of the plans of how to make the attachment. I don't know how much it will cost you to make it; I just used scrap steel I had laying around my shop. So far I've convinced everyone that it is a Kubota factory setup with Kubota weights. Shhh, I won't tell if you don't! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, if someone claims that they have a patent on this item, they are full of it. I designed it completely and will give the plans away free to anyone interested. I don't steal other's ideas, and I don't plan on making money on simple "do it yourself" inventions! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Keep those big wheels turnin'!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Parker County, Texas and Santa Fe County, New Mexico
    Tractor
    Kubota B7400HSD, G1800

Default Re: Use universal \"suitcase\" weights on Kubota

Looks nice Dargo, looks like factory to me.

Pete

Looks nice and factory like! Well, I wish I could share with you all the rain we have had lately. Now get out there and wash that tractor! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

Thanks Pete, I appreciate your comment after spending so much time measuring, figuring, cutting, scraping, cutting again, blocking in place, welding, testing and painting etc. My wife just said "that's nice, you painted your green weights gray and stuck 'em on your kubota. What took so long? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 4110

Nice clean job. Looks like it came from the factory that way, except the paint is better. A Proper job.
    Cliff

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Wow.. Those look awesome!

Soundguy

Tractor
    kubota 7200

excellent job, very professional looking. i always find it amuseing how our woman give us those [oh thats nice] on something weve spent so much time and energy on! maybe its the old been there done that,which gives us the real sence of appreciation of some one elses efforts. keep up the good work [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ym1300d-1401D-1601D , 1610D & Massey Ferguson 1020

Dargo, This is quality craftsmenship. Not only is it genius in it's simplicity, but a platform for ancillary items such as lights or a winch.

I don't steal others ideas ether, but if a red one showed up on my tractors.....well, I would be obligated to stamp "Dargo concepts" boldly on the sides to ease my guilt.

I would be concerned about trespassers in orange shirts with notepads and cameras. kubota paparazzi..??...Regards, Mark

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( kubota paparazzi..??)</font>

LOL...that's a good one. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota M95s, Allis Chalmers 185 & D17 series IV, Kubota ZG-23 Mower, Kawasaki Mule 610

Dargo,
    Nice job! I may have to try your idea on my tractor. They really do look like a factory job. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast