Use universal "suitcase" weights on Kubota

/ Use universal "suitcase" weights on Kubota #1  

Dargo

Tractor
Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.
Use universal \"suitcase\" weights on Kubota

After a little bit of engineering and fabrication, I made a setup on my new L5030 that will hold my old "John Deere" suitcase weights whenever I don't have my loader installed. Here is pic of how it looks. It's all a bit dusty, but we officially had zero rain in So. Indiana for the month of Sept; a new weather record. Anyway, if anyone has any suitcase style weights laying around that they want to use on a Kubota "L" series tractor with a front brush guard, just let me know and I'll give you a copy of the plans of how to make the attachment. I don't know how much it will cost you to make it; I just used scrap steel I had laying around my shop. So far I've convinced everyone that it is a Kubota factory setup with Kubota weights. Shhh, I won't tell if you don't! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh yeah, if someone claims that they have a patent on this item, they are full of it. I designed it completely and will give the plans away free to anyone interested. I don't steal other's ideas, and I don't plan on making money on simple "do it yourself" inventions! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Keep those big wheels turnin'!

Attachments

• 506512-DSC02034.JPG
    506512-DSC02034.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 3,938
   / Use universal "suitcase" weights on Kubota #3  
Re: Use universal \"suitcase\" weights on Kubota

Looks nice and factory like! Well, I wish I could share with you all the rain we have had lately. Now get out there and wash that tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Use universal "suitcase" weights on Kubota

Thanks Pete, I appreciate your comment after spending so much time measuring, figuring, cutting, scraping, cutting again, blocking in place, welding, testing and painting etc. My wife just said "that's nice, you painted your green weights gray and stuck 'em on your Kubota. What took so long? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Use universal "suitcase" weights on Kubota #5  

Nice clean job. Looks like it came from the factory that way, except the paint is better. A Proper job.
Cliff

/ Use universal "suitcase" weights on Kubota #6  

Wow.. Those look awesome!

Soundguy

/ Use universal "suitcase" weights on Kubota #7  

excellent job, very professional looking. i always find it amuseing how our woman give us those [oh thats nice] on something weve spent so much time and energy on! maybe its the old been there done that,which gives us the real sence of appreciation of some one elses efforts. keep up the good work /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Use universal "suitcase" weights on Kubota #8  

Dargo, This is quality craftsmenship. Not only is it genius in it's simplicity, but a platform for ancillary items such as lights or a winch.

I don't steal others ideas ether, but if a red one showed up on my tractors.....well, I would be obligated to stamp "Dargo concepts" boldly on the sides to ease my guilt.

I would be concerned about trespassers in orange shirts with notepads and cameras. Kubota paparazzi..??...Regards, Mark

/ Use universal "suitcase" weights on Kubota #9  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kubota paparazzi..??)</font>

LOL...that's a good one. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Use universal "suitcase" weights on Kubota #10  

Dargo,
Nice job! I may have to try your idea on my tractor. They really do look like a factory job. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif