John Deere 2210 Steer-able Dual Rear Brakes

/ John Deere 2210 Steer-able Dual Rear Brakes #1  

JD2210MAN

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
I hate to be the one to re-open a thread but... Maybe someone out there has done this by now.
Just to refresh, The only major option I am missing on my 2210 is the Steer-able Dual Rear Brakes. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I figured when I bought the 2210, I could easily buy all the parts off the 4115 (or such).
Why spend another $6000.00 for the 4115 if I could just add the dual brakes to the 2210. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
It turns out that because the brakes are housed in the trans, you can not do that. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
So, if anyone has found a way... let me know.
I figure that someday when I get time (in the next lifetime) I could try to get some ATV rotors and mount them at the wheels.

/ John Deere 2210 Steer-able Dual Rear Brakes
So, Are you 2210 guys trying to tell me that no one out there... has the same dream? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I thought this would strike some interest.

/ John Deere 2210 Steer-able Dual Rear Brakes #3  
I have not seen the need for dual brakes on my 2210. Now that I think about it I have never unlocked the pedals on my 4710.

/ John Deere 2210 Steer-able Dual Rear Brakes #4  
Are you refering to independent right and left brakes.., to assist in steering?

My current NH and old nh has/had them, as well as my old fords.. old JD and old IH.

Soundguy

/ John Deere 2210 Steer-able Dual Rear Brakes #5  
I think for the most part people here on TBN don't feel a need for dual brakes any more. Unless you have one of the older tractors no one uses them. I have them on my New Holland TC29D and have never found a need to use them even though the hydro pedal is on the same side as the brakes.

murph

/ John Deere 2210 Steer-able Dual Rear Brakes #6  
I pretty much use them during tillage. When I pulled a decent sized disk with my ex-nh 1920, 4wd, and steering brakes made a substantial difference in my turn radious at the end of a row.

Soundguy

/ John Deere 2210 Steer-able Dual Rear Brakes #7  
According to the specs on the John Deere web site, the turning radius of your 2210 is 7.5 ft. The Turning radius on the 4115 is 7.5 ft. with the use of brakes, without the use of brakes it is 8.9 ft. You already have the smaller turning of the larger tractor. By modifying your tractor, I do not think that you will be able to improve much on the turning of your tractor and your efforts will seriously decrease the value of yours should you ever decide to trade or sell it.

/ John Deere 2210 Steer-able Dual Rear Brakes #8  
I've had the split brakes on both of my tractors...

I use 'em to help steer in a straight line when I'm plowing snow. The heavy wet stuff tended to push the little 670 sideways a bit.

But if I didn't have them, I wouldn't miss them.

And I sure wouldn't spend any money to modify my tractor to get split brakes.

/ John Deere 2210 Steer-able Dual Rear Brakes
It's not to gain a tighter radius... but to have more control in Plowing Snow and Grading my Road. It would be nice to have control when the tires are off the ground when using the FEL also. The only other tractor I would have considered instead of the 2210 is the 4115. But it was not worth the extra $$$. I am more than happy with the 2210. I just wish during those few moments that I could control the direction better in a strait line. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif