Added Remote to FEL...

/ Added Remote to FEL...
Mike,
I thought of that too...and will probably do that when/if I do the grapple project. Right now, it will just be used for the plow, so having it on the dash is OK.

/ Added Remote to FEL...
Thanks Andy,
I think this is the best way to run a grapple or plow and not tie up a rear remote.
Please let me know if I can help in any way.

/ Added Remote to FEL... #23  
Not to be a naysayer, but what is the advantage of this setup over power beyond sleeve from loader valve to 3rd valve to operate blade angle? I don't know much on snowplowing so I could be missing something, but for grapple seems a lot of switching for the convenience of using one spool for 2 circuits.

/ Added Remote to FEL...
MMM,
It was partly a cost decision, this setup cost me around $300.00. To add a new spool valve, I would have to buy the Power Beyond kit ($210.00), a spool valve($150.00), twice as much hose, fittings and quick connects($150.00+) plus more real estate on the tractor to locate the spool valve.
I feel the advantage is that all the hardware and additional plumbing is on the loader itself, where it will be used rather than running lines from the rear to the front of the tractor.
Alot of switching? For a grapple I would put a momentary switch right on the joystick to operate the grapple(or blade angle) as suggested in a previous post, with a 3rd spool you would have to remove your hand from the from the joystick to the extra spool lever then back to the joystick when using the grapple.
That seems like much more effort than pushing a switch /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Added Remote to FEL...
Here is a view from behind the loader mast, there is still plenty of room to remove the loader

Attachments

• 547064-DSC03238.JPG
    547064-DSC03238.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,408
   / Added Remote to FEL...
A front view...

Attachments

• 547065-DSC03239.JPG
    547065-DSC03239.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,165
   / Added Remote to FEL...
And finally a view from the seat...

Thanks to all again! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 547068-DSC03240.JPG
    547068-DSC03240.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,293
   / Added Remote to FEL... #28  
If I didn't know any better, I'd say that was dealer installed. Excellent, excellent job. Good luck with it. G

/ Added Remote to FEL... #29  
Kenny, I've looked at all your pictures and assembly. I think you've done a very nice job and it's easy to see you have a well thought-out project. The only thing I've seen that I'm not sure of is the electrical connection to your diverter valve. Is it just two bullet connectors? Do you expect those to hold up in the long run? I tend to think of that type of connector as semi-permanent, but no more often than you will disconnect/reconnect they may be sufficient. You have put a lot of value into this project far and above the $300 you spent on the parts. Nice job. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Added Remote to FEL...
Thanks JinMan,
The electrical connection is a High quality polarized plug from an old peice of test equipment that we had at work, it is factory made with the coiled cord and solid brass pins. There is really not a good picture of it. I also do not like bullet connectors.

The other crimp-on connectors are filled with dielectric grease before crimping(with a ratchet style crimper) and further sealed with heat shrink. I did the trailer wiring on my truck and it has lasyed 12 years so far!