Added Remote to FEL...

/ Added Remote to FEL...
SanMan,
You are right, not much room on there, I forgot that the Kubotas have the loader valve on the mast.

My Suggestion: Get the valve and start playing with it.
Do you have a hydraulic shop near you that sells fittings and hoses? This helped me alot!

As far as mounting, Since you can't get to the insinde of that loader arm to put nuts on, I think I would suggest welding a bracket to the arm to hold the valve.

/ Added Remote to FEL...
I dont think you would get enough flow through the diverter valve to run things like that.

/ Added Remote to FEL... #43  
Not sure how much flow he wants or needs but they do offer these diverting valves with more GPM capacity.

/ Added Remote to FEL... #44  
Yes Kenny, I do have access to hydraulic supplies and I like your bracket idea and I think that's the only way to go.
Thanks for your help

/ Added Remote to FEL...
The plow that promted this whole project is almost done.
You can check the progress in this POST

Thanks again to all!!

/ Added Remote to FEL... #46  
Kenny, first let me say you have provided great information to the list on this project. I've been wanting to do the same thing with my L3710 Kubota and a 8' Fisher plow I picked up for next to nothing. I had to put about $50.00 into the plow to fix it up. I've been putting off the hooking up and plumbing the hydraulics as I was not sure on how to go about it.
Well with your help I'm well on my way. I just ordered a selector valve from the Surplus Center like yours and a couple of flow controls for the one way hydraulic cylinders.
My question to you is what type of relay and circuit breaker did you use? Are they something you just picked up at the auto parts store?
Thanks for all your help and ideas. Now all we need is some snow here in the North East!!!

Jim

/ Added Remote to FEL...
The relay is just a 30 amp model usually used for adding fog/driving lights to your vehicle. The CB is just a 20 amp breaker with studs to attach wires. A fuse would work instead.
The Diverter Valve does not draw that much curent. I went with the relay and CB because I intend to add lights to my ROPS and will use this to feed them also.

Here is a link to SanMan's post where he added a diverter to the FEL on his KUBOTA

Good Luck, Please feel free to ask me any questions...

/ Added Remote to FEL... #48  
Sure BigAl, I guess I should have put this in the original post...

Total cost for the project is about $300.00 or so...

Here is a link to the Diverter at the SurplusCenter

Valve not available any more. Anyone know where to get a similar? Im getting tired of pulling the pin on my plow to rotate it.

/ Added Remote to FEL...
Valve not available any more. Anyone know where to get a similar? Im getting tired of pulling the pin on my plow to rotate it.

Just the link has changed, but the price sure went up!

Look HERE, and HERE is a cheaper alternative.

/ Added Remote to FEL... #50  
Not to be a naysayer, but what is the advantage of this setup over power beyond sleeve from loader valve to 3rd valve to operate blade angle? I don't know much on snowplowing so I could be missing something, but for grapple seems a lot of switching for the convenience of using one spool for 2 circuits.

You are right, MMM....there are several ways to do this and the advantages
of one way over another can be different with different tractors.

The cost of the project and the amount of hoses needed can be significantly
different depending on where the FEL valve is, for example. On the Kubotas
I have owned, the FEL valves already had PB and were up on the loader
mast. The JDs I have owned had their FEL valves under the seat and so a
lot more hose was needed to get up to the FEL bucket. The PB plugs for the
JDs were only a couple of dollars, so that aspect did not significantly cost
more.

My own goal in such a front AUX connection was to eliminate ALL extra
plumbing along the FEL arms, so I chose a solenoid valve mounted up near
the FEL bucket.

(BTW, nice installation, KENNY.)