Added Remote to FEL...

/ Added Remote to FEL... #51  
I know this thread has been going a long time, but I too want to be able to switch between the FEL and MMM without changing hoses. I think I can plumb a diverter valve to do what I want, but I have a few questions about specific valves.

On page 35 Surplus Center has 2 valves one is 6 gpm and the other is 15 gpm. Which do I want for my JD 2520 if I want to be able to keep both the FEL and the MMM continuously plumbed?

SAE 8 6 GPM DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE 12 VDC P15544-2
SAE 8 6 GPM DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE 12 VDC P15544-2
Item Number: 9-5117-A

SOLENOID OPERATED DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE
Brand new. Dual 12 volt DC solenoid operated double selector/multiplier valve. Ideal for use with tractor remotes and directional control valves for controlling two different cylinders. One normally open and one normally closed circuit allows operator to control one cylinder with no power to selector valve. To select the other cylinder, both solenoids are powered. This operation allows selection to be done by a single pole single throw pushbutton or toggle switch.

SPECIFICATIONS
Flow 6 GPM
Pressure 3000 PSI
Voltage 12 volt DC
Amperage 1.67 amps
Ports SAE 8
Terminal Connection 1/4" spade
Size 4-1/2''" x 2-1/2" x 6-1/2"
Shpg. 7 lbs.
---------------------------------------
SAE 8 15 GPM DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE 12 VDC P15544-1
SAE 8 15 GPM DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE 12 VDC P15544-1
Item Number: 9-5117

SOLENOID OPERATED DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE
Brand new. Dual 12 volt DC solenoid operated double selector/multiplier valve. Ideal for use with tractor remotes and directional control valves for controlling two different cylinders or motors. Applying voltage to either coil will allow a directional control valve to operate the selected circuit actuator. When used with "variable flow" or "closed center" systems valve can be used as a selector, or power both solenoids and direct fluid to both circuits at the same time.

SPECIFICATIONS

Flow 15 GPM
Pressure 3000 PSI
Voltage 12 volt DC
Amperage 1.67 amps
Ports SAE 8
Terminal Connection 1/4" spade
Size 4-1/2" x 2-1/2" x 6-1/2"
Shpg. 7 lbs.
-----------------------
They also have N.C. or N.O. cartridges to change these valves. Do I need these?

N.C. CARTRIDGE FOR 9-5117 AND 9-5117-A
N.O. CARTRIDGE FOR 9-5117-A

As you can tell I'm new to this kind of work but I believe I can do it with a bit of help.
Thanks

/ Added Remote to FEL... #52  
Think long and hard about that valve. I bought the same one - or at least one very similar. Theres no good way to mount that valve due to the way the holes are positioned. Ive seen other valves that are designed better for use on an FEL but you will pay more for them.

/ Added Remote to FEL...
Think long and hard about that valve. I bought the same one - or at least one very similar. Theres no good way to mount that valve due to the way the holes are positioned. Ive seen other valves that are designed better for use on an FEL but you will pay more for them.

Yes, that is a major drawback to that particular diverter valve. The one we sell does not have that problem, but as you wrote costs more.

/ Added Remote to FEL...
I know this thread has been going a long time, but I too want to be able to switch between the FEL and MMM without changing hoses. I think I can plumb a diverter valve to do what I want, but I have a few questions about specific valves.

As you can tell I'm new to this kind of work but I believe I can do it with a bit of help.
Thanks
David, you might be better served by your own thread...

Any diverter will do what you want, the 6 GPM one is fine since your machine only puts out 5 GPM, and the flow to your loader is not continuous anyway. Your system is open center, so no extra spools are needed. Also, make sure the one you pick is rated for continous duty for the solenoids since I assume you won't want to use it with a regular on/off switch rather than a momentary switch.

/ Added Remote to FEL... #55  
Yes, that is a major drawback to that particular diverter valve. The one we sell does not have that problem, but as you wrote costs more.

On the bright side, my valve looks VERY COOL sitting here on my desk! :rolleyes::laughing::laughing:

Reminds me of the old saying - Buy cheap, buy twice.

/ Added Remote to FEL... #56  
I just contacted Artillian and am waiting for a response. Thank you all.