Quest for Quiet?

/ Quest for Quiet? #21  
I second TXdon's comment... I can hear my wife (or another) BETTER with my Pro-ears ON than I can with them off.

It's kinda funny (to me anyway) that when ever my wife is trying to talk to me (with my full sized backhoe/loader running) that I'll listen to her with machine running and ear muffs ON. She keeps teling me to take them off and just doesn't realize that when I take them off, I can't hear her...but ironically,with them ON, I can hear her well enough to know I'd rather not hear her.

huh? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They really are great, you should try a pair. It's one of those things that if I was considering a second pair, I'd tell you to get them and if you didnt' like them, I'd buy them off you. I like mine that much.

/ Quest for Quiet? #22  
Gray,
I could not find the sound deadening material on the marine website. What did they call it? I tried every search work I could think of ... Scozz

/ Quest for Quiet?
Scozz,

It is called noise control barrier material. West Marine produces it. It is found in 1/2" and 1" thickness. I used the 1/2". It is heavy, flexalble and dense. I think the 800 number I called was 800-262-8464.

Hope this helps.

Gray.