Tractor
    JD 2555

Default Another set of FEL forks

Here is another set of FEL forks. This was thought up by my father in law. The forks come used from a forklift company in Dallas. The cross member is 2" rod. We welded some 2 1/4" tubes on the tops of the forks so they can slide side to side. The 2" rod is held on to the bucket with hooks made from 1/2" plate welded to the sides of the bucket. There are latches that are loosely bolted to the hooks that swing over to hold the rod in place. You can hook the forks on from the drivers seat, but you have to get out to secure the latches.
    Next to the FEL itself, these are just about the handiest things on the farm.

Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    JD 2555

Default Re: Another set of FEL forks

Another view

Tractor
    JD 2555

And yet another view. The extensions on the side are where I had to lengthen the bar to fit a bigger tractor. The forks were originaly made for my much loved JD4300 (Sweet thing). We decided to bale our own hay and so a JD2555 (Big John)was traded for. The 2555's bucket is 7' wide!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Several Kubota M7040's

very nice work, i've been looking to get some forks on my jd 210 loader with the 61 inch bucket to haul wood and what not. But i can't decide to go with the whole separate unit or just get the ones that attatch to the bucket. I think the separate unit would fit my needs better becuase i'd be hauling more wwraped pallets of boxes and stuff but they're a lot more expensive.

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200, Yardman 20HP pos...

<font color="blue"> . But i can't decide to go with the whole separate unit or just get the ones that attatch to the bucket. </font>

A major shortcoming of forks that attach to the bucket is seeing the tips. With my clamp on forks I can't see what I am doing unless I stand up and look over the top of the bucket.

I think that only works well when the bucket is low. I am not sure how well I could see if I was taking something off a truck 4' off the ground.

If you can afford the price, forks that hook to your loader arms directly in place of the bucket have to be a lot better I think. Never used them so don't know for sure, but it sure looks that way.

Tractor
    JD 2555

The sight lines are a problem. I've learned to kind of 'feel' what is going on. (Become 'one' with the forks, Grasshopper) For critical operations a helper who knows the appropiate hand signs is a must. You also lose the weight of the bucket in lifting ability. On the other hand being able to quickly switch from forks-on to forks-off has been very handy when land clearing and such. You can also load brush on the forks and still carry little pieces in the bucket. On the whole, it seems that if the forks are on, I need them off, and if the forks are off, then I need them on. Except when feeding the cows and I need to take the whole bucket off and put the hayspear on. Yes, I can pick up a round bale with the forks but it is so much more satisfying to stab them with the spear.

Tim S.