Help adapting a snowplow to Kubota B2910

/ Help adapting a snowplow to Kubota B2910 #1  

cmhyland

Platinum Member
Tractor
2000 Kubota B2910
I have read with interest Steve's adaptation of his Meyers plow to his JD 4300...

I would like to do the same thing on a B2910.

Here is a link to the front frame of the tractor and I need to make a mount and lift unit for the plow.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forumfiles/606343-frame_WEB.jpg

Any comments would be a great help.

Thanks,
Crhis

/ Help adapting a snowplow to Kubota B2910 #2  
Mounting the Myers on a 2910 should look similar to Steve's <font color="green"> JD </font> setup.
Kubota has a mount that is used for their snowblower and blades. Here is a thread where a snow blower was attached to a 2710. A blade will not require a PTO shaft. Click Here.
I have a 6 1/2' Curtis mounted on my 402 FEL. You should have no problem using a 7' blade if you mount it to the tractor instead of FEL.
Here is a link to my photos on TBN of FEL mounted blade and grapple. Click Here.

/ Help adapting a snowplow to Kubota B2910
Thanks Ron,
It was helpful to get a look at that mount. I suspect I'll end up with something that looks close to that.

You think to 2910 willl push a 7' plow ok... I had a 7'fisher clamped into my bucket... The thing was from the 60's and must have weighed 550 to 600 lbs... Way too heavy that far out in front of the machine... The machine would push snow fine with it though....

I guess I could always wait and cut the 7' meyer I have down if it ever becomes a problem.

Thanks,
Chris

/ Help adapting a snowplow to Kubota B2910 #4  
i have mounted a snow plow on my lk3054 that has a similar front frame and loader bracket if you look under build it yourself i have some pictures that may help you or i can try and take some others if you need. i would not reckomend a 7' plow on a 2910. my plow was 7' and it worked well pushing straight but when i angled it the plow pushed the front of the tractor all around & the 3054 is heavier than the 2910. you end up plowing a lot less. so i cut mine down to 6' an have no problems now. also another problem i had with a 7' was when the plow was angled and you picked it up the ends were just off the ground because the tractors frames are not high enough to pick the plows higher than the plows are wide. my tractor has r1s and is taller than the 2910 so i am pretty sure you wont pick it off the ground when angled. hope this helps so you dont have to repeat my mistakes. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dirtnut,
Thanks for the info. This is exactly what I'm looking for. I was more worried about the 7' blade pushing the front of the tractor around than just the weight of it.

Also, the torsional strain on the mount using a 7' may actually be multiples of what it is on a 6' plow. It's that whole leaverge thing....

So I guess I will cut the plow down to 6' like I had planned.

Thanks,
Chris

/ Help adapting a snowplow to Kubota B2910 #6  
yeh i would, then you know your tractor will easily handle it. i am thinking of making mine 6" taller it was 30" tall till i cut it down to 21" now i wish it were taller so the snow wouldnt come over the top i can push alot more since i cut it down from 7' to 6'. the plow really works great. good luck if you need any pictures or have any questions be glad to try & help.

Dirtnut,
Can you get away with putting a heavy rubber flap on top of the plow like they do on trucks?

30" high would help in deep snow for sure....

Regards,
Chris

/ Help adapting a snowplow to Kubota B2910 #8  
i have thought of trying that but my issue is rolling the snow higher on the last pass at the edges of the road and when i am stacking the snow. i am not convinced the rubber will be heavy enough. guess i need to just make up my mind to make it taller. snow season is soon over so i will have all summer to work on it.