BX grill guard lights

/ BX grill guard lights #1  

Eugenio

Tractor
Kubota BX 1500
After trying three locations for lights on my BX, I finally came up with a suitable location.

First I located them on the foreword, outboard edge of the floorboard. This worked well until the FEL came along.

Secondly, I located them on brackets above the front wheels. This was OK from a lighting standpoint, but the FEL mounts would drag across them during removal.

It was when I saw the BX grill guard, that was mentioned here on TBN, that I thought there might be some possibilities for mounting the lights.

After receiving the grill guard I decided to remove the center tube and mount the lights on the lower one. (Perhaps it could be special ordered without the center tube. That would save a LOT of work considering sawing, grinding, filling and painting.)

Realizing that the grill guard must be removed in order to remove the cowling, I installed a trailer light connector to facilitate this.

Hopefully this will inspire some ideas for some of you on the net.

Attachments

• 642963-Kubota Grill Lights 031-1.jpg
    642963-Kubota Grill Lights 031-1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,114
   / BX grill guard lights #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Realizing that the grill guard must be removed in order to remove the cowling)</font>
Really?? I don't need to remove the grill guard on my BX2200 to remove the cowling. Just Slide it forward and up out- just did it yesterday for an oil/filter change.
Unfortunately, the grill guard also comes off for installation of the front quick hitch, which means the lights would also be gone during snowblowing/plowing season or when any other front accessories were mounted- such as a sweeper.

/ BX grill guard lights
Good points. My lights protrude slightly to the rear, making it difficult to remove the cowling.

/ BX grill guard lights #4  
Eugenio

I would say that you did a "heck of a nice job" designing and installing your grill lights. Thanks for sharing all of the details.

John

/ BX grill guard lights #5  
Eugenio,
Nice job on the lights.

In the future though, just reply to your own post to put up multiple pictures, that way there is only one main post. It make it much easier to follow your project that way.

/ BX grill guard lights #6  
I agree, that is a top shelf job, they look real nice. For my application, I needed light mostly while using the snowblower, so the low mounts would not work for me. I chose to mount on the FEL.

Some here are nervous about this, but, I am willing to accept the responsibility for a functional set of lights. If I ever add a Woods Hoe, I can easily turn one or both around for rear visibility, too.

Work Lights

/ BX grill guard lights #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( After trying three locations for lights on my BX, I finally came up with a suitable location.

First I located them on the foreword, outboard edge of the floorboard. This worked well until the FEL came along.

Secondly, I located them on brackets above the front wheels. This was OK from a lighting standpoint, but the FEL mounts would drag across them during removal.

It was when I saw the BX grill guard, that was mentioned here on TBN, that I thought there might be some possibilities for mounting the lights.

After receiving the grill guard I decided to remove the center tube and mount the lights on the lower one. (Perhaps it could be special ordered without the center tube. That would save a LOT of work considering sawing, grinding, filling and painting.)

Realizing that the grill guard must be removed in order to remove the cowling, I installed a trailer light connector to facilitate this.

Hopefully this will inspire some ideas for some of you on the net.
)</font>

I see 2 problems with your set up.
1* the fel bucket will still block the light from the lights you installed just as it does the tractor head lights.
2*You lost the grill protection by removing the center section of the grill guard.
Those 2 lights won't stop much of anything from crashing into the grill and are just 2 more objects that could be rammed into the grill when something hits the lights.

/ BX grill guard lights #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Realizing that the grill guard must be removed in order to remove the cowling)</font>
Really??
*I don't need to remove the grill guard on my BX2200 to remove the cowling. Just Slide it forward and up out- just did it yesterday for an oil/filter change.
)</font>
```````````````
* You don't need to remove the cowling to change the oil filter either.

I've changed the oil and filter twice and didn't remove it ; so what's the object in taking off the cowling?

/ BX grill guard lights #9  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Good points. My lights protrude slightly to the rear, *making it difficult to remove the cowling. )</font>========
===========
======Why do you remove the cowling?

PS:
I would have put a light on a swinging pedestal and magnetically attached the pedestal to the top of the FEL cross member.
This way the light would go past the feel bucket and I would not be reducing the protection offered by the grill guard.

/ BX grill guard lights #10  
Do those help to see under the loader? I bet it works good when carrying a load, ...Now that is definitly thinking out of the box..... you <font color="orange">orange </font> guy's never cease to amaze me....

Very clean install

Ken