I would like to get a canopy for my tractor?

/ I would like to get a canopy for my tractor? #1  

Scratchnbell

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland 2001 TC40d
I just got new holland TC40d.
I need to get a canopy for it.
Anyone know of where to look and what it might cost?
Thanks
Bob

/ I would like to get a canopy for my tractor? #3  
I've posted many times that I haven't yet seen a canopy that I like better than the Wells Ag Company canopy that I Kubota dealer installed on my B2710. I mounted a flood light on the rear, a trapezoidal light on the front, side to side and front to rear tiltmeters, and a rear view mirror on mine. They only sell through tractor dealers, but if your dealer is not a Wells Ag Co. customer, they can call Wells Ag Co. and order one. And, no, I am not connected with, nor do I have any financial interest in, the Wells Ag Company. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ I would like to get a canopy for my tractor? #4  
Here is a link for the new model of Firebird Fiberglas canopy.

Canopies /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can expect to pay $350.00 to $500.00 for a good canopy.

/ I would like to get a canopy for my tractor? #5  
We have been well pleased with the Firebird Canopy.

/ I would like to get a canopy for my tractor? #6  
Bird, it seems this website for Wells is not up an running yet, couldn't get into the products page. Have you been able to see the canopies on there before?
Thanks, John

/ I would like to get a canopy for my tractor? #7  
John, I stopped in to visit with those folks at Wells Ag Company about 5 years ago and he told me then that they were working on developing a web site. It doesn't appear that they have done anything with it since. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The owner told me they only sold through dealers, and they had a big pin map on the wall showing where their dealers were; mostly Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma, but a few scattered around other places in the country. He said they'd be glad to have additional dealers and be glad to talk to any tractor dealer who called them. Of course, I first heard of them when I bought the 1999 B2710 and told my Kubota dealer I wanted a good canopy. He told me he could sell me a Wells Ag Company canopy cheaper than the Kubota canopy. The Kubota canopy was some kind of "plastic" that I figured I'd break, while the Wells gave me the option of diamond plate aluminum or steel painted to match the tractor. I opted for the steel and JerryG, in Arkansas, got the aluminum. They come with a pretty thick layer of insulation, and the framework was rigid enough that vibration was not a problem for my rear view mirror. Mine cost $295, but that was 6 years ago, so I don't know about prices now. And there may be others just as good; possibly better though I don't know how they could be, or cheaper, but I haven't seen a better deal yet, except possibly for some of our TBN members who have made their own.

/ I would like to get a canopy for my tractor? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They come with a pretty thick layer of insulation, and the framework was rigid enough that vibration was not a problem for my rear view mirror. )</font>
Well is sure looks good in your pics. That was one nice looking setup you had there, and I feel for you having to give it all up to move back to the city. Do you suppose you'll ever be able to get back to it all?
It sure sounds like those are quality canopies. I've seen the fiberglass ones all over, but I KNOW that I'd have that cracked in a heartbeat.
John

/ I would like to get a canopy for my tractor? #9  
Similar, but different...

I have been stunned at the prices of canvas buggy-style tractor canopies.. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Maybe I'm living in the past (and I'm not that old), but I am amazed that a new 3/5 ring canopy is almost the cost of an aluminum hardtop cover. A new 3 frame canvas job will cost over $200 including the brackets......but a hardtop is around $250-300 if you look hard enough.

Has anyone found a cheap, decent canvas/vinyl frame canopy cover that doesn't seem, at least to me, so high?

/ I would like to get a canopy for my tractor? #10  
Here's one I made for my BX. Clamps to the ROPS and can be removed in a couple of minutes.

Attachments

• 659126-shade.JPG
    659126-shade.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,234