FilterMinder....

/ FilterMinder.... #2  
hobbyfarm; Yup, I got one on my Powerstroke, it came with it. The only diesels I've ever had without was '82 VW Rabbit, and my two TC's. The only time I ever saw one work was when I was dragging a 580 BH behind a 530 International on a flatbed. I was into some pretty decent hills and working the engine kinda hard. When I stopped for fuel and checked the oil, I noticed the minder had moved about half way down. The filter had been changed the previous week, so I really don't think it was dirty yet. The truck hadn't been off road or on any dirt roads, just highway. So I think the engine was gulping enough air to move the indicator. That also happen on my Dads 530HT. I'm really not sure of them, but they look neat. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ FilterMinder.... #3  
I did not see where you can purchase them at. I like the dash mounted one /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ FilterMinder....
Devildog,
I'd sure contact them and ask about purchasing one, I like the fuel filter one also.
These tractors ought to come with these things. We had an Allis-Chalmers 170 years ago that had a dash-mounted one for the air filter, came from the factory with it.

/ FilterMinder.... #5  
My JD came with the JD version of it. It says, under no uncertain terms, right on the housing, do not open housing unless indicator is showing the filter needs checked.

Every time you open that filter housing you are introducing dirt into your air box. The indicator eliminates opening the housing to "check the air filter".

I can't remember what the service interval is but I'm at almost 300 hours and no indicator yet. I went ahead and bought replacements about a year ago. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I did break the rules a while back and open it up (about 180 hours maybe) and it was clean as a pin. The inner filter didn't have a trace of anything on it - until after I opened the air cleaner housing. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ FilterMinder.... #6  
Thanks for the link. I got an email into them now.

/ FilterMinder.... #7  
Not so sure I would completly trust them. I was helping my brother fix a 99ish Ford Diesel. I commented that was a cool idea, and he replied that he didn't trust them. I opened the top to check the filter and it was extremely clogged. It must have been jammed or something. Granted this was an oem version and not an aftermarket.

/ FilterMinder.... #8  
pekabu,
Growing up on some of our older diesels we use to press the what they call the reset just for that purpose.

I did get a response from them and this is the reply.
Jim-

Thank you for your interest in our Filter Minder products.

Depending on the type of gauge you are looking for, many International
and Freightliner truck dealerships carry our products. If you have one
of these locally you may want to try your luck there.

You are also able to order direct from us by calling 800-689-7803.
Either myself or one of our salespeople would be more than happy to help
you determine what part will work best on your application.

If you have any additional questions I can help you with, please do not
hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again for your inquiry.

Aaron Johnson
Engineered Products Company
2940 Airport Blvd.
Waterloo, IA 50703
800-689-7803

>>> <rsjkelly@yahoo.com> 6/15/2005 2:43 AM >>>
I am trying to locate a place I can purchase a filter minder. I am
located in front royal Va 22630. Thank You

/ FilterMinder....
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the link. )</font>

Devildog,
Not a problem. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I do love helping you guys spend that dough! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Until I get my tractor (someday) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif, I have to live vicariously through you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
By the time that comes, I should have collected all the neat goodies to make it the "ultimate". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, thank you for posting their reply.

/ FilterMinder.... #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I do love helping you guys spend that dough! )</font> LOL Well that is what I did. I ordered the dash mounted one and Arron was very helpfull. Should be here next week and Ill post a few pics when I get it installed.