Three point loader attachment

/ Three point loader attachment #1  

MaltbyMower

Tractor
Kubota B7100 HST/Kubota L4350MDT/John Deere L130
I’ve be surfing the posts on TBN thinking I should get a set of forks for my loader. I’ve bounced back and forth with quick attach forks that hang from a bar in hooks in the bucket versus converting to a quick release bucket and release fork set up. I was discussing this with my uncle when he said, “You can take my folks!”
He has a set of 3 point mount forks. There brand new but I really think I would like to fork on the other end (no jokes please).
What are my options? Ideally, I’d like to fabricate some type of quick release three point setup for the loader. This way I could use the folks on the front or back.
- Thanks in advance

/ Three point loader attachment #2  
I like the quick attach forks that switch with the bucket, and converted them to quick-attach to the iMatch on the 3pt. A great way to go. If they are easy to switch around, they are just that much handier to use for the right occasion, IMO.

/ Three point loader attachment #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I’d like to fabricate some type of quick release three point setup for the loader. )</font>

I'm assuming your forks are similar to the attached pic.

If you have a quick attach setup for your loader bucket then you could fabricate a matching quick attach plate. The plate could have a couple of horizontal tabs (angle iron) welded on with slots on the top edge that engage the lower pins (look at the way a Pat's Easy Change operates). Weld on a piece of square tube to engage the U bracket and pin on top. If you don't have a quick attach bucket you could weld similar attachments inside and on top of you loader bucket engage lower and top pins. If you go this way, the lower tabs inside the bucket could be made small so they don't interfere with or be damaged by with loader bucket use. You might need to add some intermediate attachment bars to connect your welded tabs to the 3 point top.bottom pins. These could be bolted onto your welded tabs which would take a little more effort to hook up/remove from your bucket, but would preserve the original configuration of the fork bracket so you could use them on the back.

John

Attachments

• 681817-3 point forks.jpg
    681817-3 point forks.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 495
   / Three point loader attachment #4  
See my post "Post your pictures of forks". It has a lot of good ideas from many TBN'rs. l.

Suggestions:
1. Start with real forklift forks. They are very available. The metalurgy is much better that "make em yourself" forks.
2. You can make the framework yourself. Mine adjust by sliding on a round bar.
3. I first made mine for 3pt because I had no FEL. They were strong enough to lift the tractor fron wheels and not bend the forks. My FEL came and had has Bobtatch (very recommended) so I converted the forks to Bobtatach for FEL use. After a short while I wanted them to work on 3pt also, so I adapted the bobtatach to also work with my Speeco qucic hitch. The Speeco hitch is also very recomended.

I can put the forks on from or back in minutes. Yesterday I carried a 300 gallon water tote on 3pt end to water trees. I use them on the FEL for tree limbs.

Forks are a great addition. Build them strong enough that the tractor stops before the forks bend. You will eventually test them at maximum tractor power.

Photo shows before the bobtatch and paint.

/ Three point loader attachment #5  
photo

Attachments

• 681927-FORKS BACK.jpg
    681927-FORKS BACK.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 402
   / Three point loader attachment #6  
Photo with Bobtatch. See the "Build it yourself" forum. It is more appropriate for this subject than "Customization"

Attachments

• 681928-KOLIBA FORKS SIDE.jpg
    681928-KOLIBA FORKS SIDE.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 387
   / Three point loader attachment #7  
If you have the QA feature on your loader then I would seriously recommend that you construct a set that can be used with your loader. We use ours quite a bit and I can tell you that once you have used a set that can handle the same loads as your FEL you will be amazed at all the uses that you will find for them. The set in my picture are store bought not home made but if I was going to construct a set it would be safer to start with a good set of forks from a retired fork-lift. Call a few salvage yards and I'll bet you can come up with a set reasonable.

Attachments

• 682047-tc19.jpg
    682047-tc19.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 345