Vertical exhaust or not?

/ Vertical exhaust or not? #1  

JSUnlimited

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland
I miss having a tractor with vertical exhaust. My old Kubota had it, and it seemed more "tractor like". I have no overhead obstructions higher than the ROPS when folded to worry about so that is not an issue.

Has anyone made any custom changes to their exhaust?

It seems that the "truckers" all over town with the Powerstroke and Cummins pickups are doing it, why can't I have a stack on the TC24DA? Maybe even chrome!!

/ Vertical exhaust or not? #2  
If anyone made someting to add an honest 5hp to my CK30HST Kioto, er Kioti /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Id likely buy it---not because I need it mind you---just because /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Vertical exhaust or not? #3  
It's made of metal.. if you can weld.. i don't see why you can't modify it. Try to come up with a brace to help with weight and vibration... keep with thin lightweight material.. I'd think it's pretty easy.. I've done a bit of custom exhaust work... at least if it breaks.. you know who to put the warranty claim in to! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Soundguy

/ Vertical exhaust or not? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It seems that the "truckers" all over town with the Powerstroke and Cummins pickups are doing it, )</font>

I've seen quite a few pickups lately with dual exhaust stacks. I don't think that I could survive the teasing at work if I did that to my truck. I would also be leary of cutting holes in the bed for the pipes to come up through. I have told my wife that I want some for my truck though and she just roles her eyes. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Vertical exhaust or not? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I miss having a tractor with vertical exhaust.)</font>

Does CNH offer a vertical exhaust kit?
My vertical exhaust kit is waiting at the Deere dealer. From what I understand it's not chrome /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Vertical exhaust or not? #6  
Tractor originally came with rear exhaust, and it was terrible experience to ride on trailer. Eyes were biiig with tears on them /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, and smell was like in **** /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
So, I decided to do something.

I made elbow shaped extension pipe, from manifold to muffler, out of 6/4" pipe, by cutting triangle segments out and welding pipe together.
Bottom tube on muffler is made from inox pipe, and its inner diameter is just little bigger then outer dia on elbow.

Complete muffler can be just pulled up and removed (Woa, what a nice sound /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) when is necessary to go in low roof buildings.

Sorry, I haven't better pictures /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 689054-Auspuh.JPG
    689054-Auspuh.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 456
   / Vertical exhaust or not? #7  
This sounds like an easy project. Once I needed a custom exhaust system for a commercial generator. I went to a muffler shop that does exhaust for custom cars. Those guys made all the bends I needed as quick as could be and didn’t charge me much more than the material price.

Take you tractor down to one of those shops and tell them what you want and stand back. They will love working on something so open instead of snaking exhausts between motors and firewalls and everything else in a car.

Eric

/ Vertical exhaust or not? #8  
I have a b7100 kubota 1981 I think the muffler has 4 bolts on the flange and the muffler can be turned foreward up and back I think. One of my farmer type friends told me that the exaust went forward before the loader was installed after the loader was installed the muffler was bolted vertical to keep away from the function of the loader. David.

/ Vertical exhaust or not? #9  
Vertical exhausts have to main problems.

Something jumping out and hitting them and breaking them off. You will of course never run into anything with them /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Water down the stack and in the engine when stored outside.....A flapper does not necessarially keep it all out, especially once you warp the thing by catching it in limbs.

Ben