Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800

/ Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #11  
GeneD14,

What size hooks did you use? Can't tell from the picture. This place (mentioned above) has 3 sizes; 5/16", 3/8", and 1/2" at what seems like a very reasonable price.

Thanks,

BR

/ Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #12  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( GeneD14,

What size hooks did you use? Can't tell from the picture. This place (mentioned above) has 3 sizes; 5/16", 3/8", and 1/2" at what seems like a very reasonable price.

Thanks,
<font color="black"> I used 3/8" hooks because that is the biggest chain size that I use. </font> .

BR )</font>

/ Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #13  
Here's a different twist on using angle iron chain hooks.
I haven't seen it done this way before. Unconventional perhaps. A little more work, a lot more stronger.
These are 2x2x1/4 HRA x 2.4 long. That's 5/16 chain in a .406 slot.
They aren't welded on yet because they look kind of puny on the 72" bucket.
I will make some up from 3" angle and see how proportional they look in my free time.

A mind is a terrible thing.

Al the best,
Martin

Attachments

• 722663-Project9.jpg
    722663-Project9.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 669
   / Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #14  
AntrimMan,

I really like the looks of those! Once you get the 3" ones made, please post a picture of them. Would you be interested in fabricating a set for me? I'd be happy to pay for the material/labor/shipping (within reason, of course).

That looks like a very simple, yet very strong design. If you decide not to use these that you already have made up, please let me know. They look like they'd work quite nicely on my 60" bucket.

Later,

BR

/ Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #15  
There are some great ideas in this thread. I went simple and just bolted on hooks on the top of the bucket at either end. I ordered them from JC Whitney. I run the chain through one hook, around whatever I'm trying to lift and then to the other hook (as Bird has described in other posts). Not the most elegant solutuion looking at these guys with hitches and angle iron welded to the FEL (but I don't weld).

/ Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #16  
FWIW, for the most part if your not a really good welder
or it least kinda know how to get good penatration
Grade 8 bolts are the way to go.
I think my loader is rated at somewhere around 1 ton...lift?
Bad welds can give, things can get droped maybe someone hurt.
Good strong bolts can be trusted....more!
Still dont have any hooks on my bucket /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
And yes I have a big drill & weld pertty good.
Gene

/ Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #17  
Here's what the chain hooks look like on my B7510HST with LA302 FEL. The dealer welded them on the bucket after reinforcing with steel plate. He also did the repaint job. No charge.

The outer hooks are 3/8" size from AW Direct.

web page

The slip hook in the middle is a Gunnebo-Johnson weld-on anchor hook also from AW Direct.

web page

Attachments

• 725274-FEL chain hooks.JPG
    725274-FEL chain hooks.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 674