Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800

/ Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #1  

jaykubota

Tractor
l2800 HST
I have a new Kubota L2800 Hst and love it. On my old kubota I had two hooks welded on so I could lift engines, use for tie downs, for draging and towing ect. I am wondering if I should bolt on two hooks to the top of the bucket or weld them on?
The two hooks I have for it cam off a new ford f150 under the front bumper on the truck, my neighbor took them off when he put a grill thing on. Any sugestions would be great.
thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 719813-untitled.JPG
    719813-untitled.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,113
   / Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #2  
I prefer the grab hooks that are weldable. I ordered them online and they were very reasonably priced. I think its a personal preference thing.

Ron

/ Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #3  
I have grab hooks on each end of the bucket, directly above where the arms connect to the bucket, and a slip hook in the middle, all welded on. I also reinforced the top lip of the bucket by having a piece of steel welded in the gap between the lip and body of the bucket. This steel runs the width of the bucket.

BTW, I don't understand how the attachment in your post relates to your question. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #4  
These guys have weld on hooks.

/ Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #5  
I use 3/8 chain hooks welded each side of bucket with doubling plates. Also have a pintle hook top center of bucket.

/ Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #6  
jay; Well, I welded a 2X2X1/8 piece of angle on the top lip of my bucket to strenghthen it, then welded a weldon grab hook in the center. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif On each side of my bucket, a buddy gave me two bolt on jeephooks, that I bolted on. Never have used the jeephooks, but they look double bad. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I prefer the grab hook in the center. Others will differ with this, but it's what I was used to using on full size TLBs. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #7  
I went this route. Good heavy angle with slots............chim

Attachments

• 720054-Hooks.jpg
    720054-Hooks.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,123
   / Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #8  
I went the weld on hook method an use them alot.

Attachments

• 720727-2weld.bmp
    80.7 KB · Views: 755
   / Weld or bolt on hooks on my bucket kubota l2800 #10  
This way you can change what you have on the front.