Hydraulics: rear aux or other FEL 3rd function?

/ Hydraulics: rear aux or other FEL 3rd function? #1  

DavidVT

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 3430
Looking for opinions and experiences...

I want to add aux hydraulics to my FEL for my existing snowplow / and eventual grapple QA. I also eventually want to have at least one rear OEM remote but have no active requirement for it as of yet.

(#1) As one option I am looking into doing the electric diverter modification that I've read about here.

(#2)I am also looking into adding the Kubota rear aux as an alternative because I currently have no controllable rear remote. Naturally this would require controlling the bucket aux lever from my right rear fender and running lines from the rear of the tractor to the bucket area.

The Kubota remotes (qty2) seem to represent a bit more than $1K for a tractor without any remotes to start.

(#3)Changing my 2 function Woods FEL husco to a 3 function (pn1006?) seems to be about the same money or perhaps a bit more without a clean rear OEM remote solution.

(#4)Another option is to add a 2nd joystick near the FEL and using the husco's power beyond for the FEL aux function. Again, this does not address a rear remote solution but may be much less money than the first two ideas.

Finally is the electric diverter valve(#1) as mentioned first.

So, anyone have ideas opinions etc on this one?

/ Hydraulics: rear aux or other FEL 3rd function? #2  
1. A dual electric diverter could give you two additional functions from your FEL joystick. You would need a 2 button handle. Pushing one button would divert the FEL lift to an aux function and pressing the other button would divert the FEL curl to something else.

2. Pricey but the cleanest way to go for a rear remote.

3. Doesn't buy you as much as the diveter and would be harder to use with one hand.

4. ugh! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif and very pricey and clumsy to install with short hoses everywhere.

You also have a #5 for rear remotes and that is to add your own 2-spool valve and mount it off the ROPS or on the rear fender. The CCM joystick valve would work nice here.

I guess your bottom line is that you need additional functions on the front and at least one rear remote. Personally, I would opt for a diverter setup for the front and either the Kubota remotes or the CCM valve setup for the rear. That would give the best of both worlds with minimum connection hassle and would leave a clean professional look. Cost wise you would be looking at spending $1000 to $1500 depending on which way you went.

/ Hydraulics: rear aux or other FEL 3rd function?
Thanks for the inputs.
What websites are out there which would help me find the dual diverter and a two button handle? My Husco has a simple knob like a gear shift knob.

Same question for the CCM joystick valve?

Finally, I understand that trying to tap into the hydraulics for installing the rear remotes is where you get into proprietary hydraulic block(s) which Kubota charges a fortune for.

I hear there are alternatives for this block but have been unable to find in searching these forums or the web as of yet.... ??

Thx again

/ Hydraulics: rear aux or other FEL 3rd function? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What websites are out there which would help me find the dual diverter and a two button handle? My Husco has a simple knob like a gear shift knob.)</font>

Here's one. I am sure thre are others. Do a search here for "diverter" and some should pop up.

V&M SV series valves

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Same question for the CCM joystick valve?)</font>

Easy, look here.

CCM TNT page

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Finally, I understand that trying to tap into the hydraulics for installing the rear remotes is where you get into proprietary hydraulic block(s) which Kubota charges a fortune for.

I hear there are alternatives for this block but have been unable to find in searching these forums or the web as of yet.... ??)</font>

As far as I know, on the Grand L series the Kubota block only works with Kubota remote valves. Someone here on TBN fabricated their own adapter block but I can't seem to find the link in my bookmarks. Do a search and you will eventually find it. Hooking up to the loader PB and running a couple hoses to the rear for a non-Kubota valve is much easier and much more cost effective if neatness is not a concern.

The search feature here on TBN can find almost anything as just about everything has already been asked and answered at least once. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hydraulics: rear aux or other FEL 3rd function?
Thanks for the links!