Incandescent to Halogen Conversion

/ Incandescent to Halogen Conversion #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
I need to pick the minds of the multitudes.

Is it possible to convert the filament type bulbs in my M9000 Kubota's headlamps to Halogen type bulbs. The headlights are okay, but halogens would be better. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Incandescent to Halogen Conversion #2  
there are some dirrect replacement bulbs which are brighter which you have to compair, BUT they also do make more heat and can melt plastic pretty quick. also draw more amps so you MAY blow the fuse too the lights if so equiped.

MsakrM

/ Incandescent to Halogen Conversion #3  
Here's a few things to remember:

1. Halogens tend to draw more current than incandesent. Be prepared to rewire your headlamp circuit with heavier wire and possibly a fog light relay at the headlamps for optimum voltage.

2. Halogens tend to put off a lot of heat. Be very carefull.

You might want to consider jsut addign a set of additional halogen lamps somewhere else on your tractor. Maybe where the beams of the OEM lights are currently blocked.

/ Incandescent to Halogen Conversion
I've got a pair of halogens mounted on the cab up high in the front and rear. Maybe it would be easier to mount a couple more on top. I didn't think about the heat factor. Would probably melt the lenses in the grill.....bad news. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Incandescent to Halogen Conversion #5  
<font color="brown">You might want to consider jsut adding a set of additional halogen lamps somewhere else on your tractor. Maybe where the beams of the OEM lights are currently blocked. </font>

===== <font color="red">~~~~~~ </font> ======
I agree: Go with an extra set of lights.
No sense in brightening up blocked lights that you can't see with anyhow.

/ Incandescent to Halogen Conversion
Actually, I can see with the lower lights. When I am farming the FEL is off. The grill mounted lights are good, I just wanted to make them better. Actually, the only time the loader is on is when I am moving round bales of hay or straw or cornstalks.

/ Incandescent to Halogen Conversion #7  
Re Halogen Lighting:

I purchased from a local auto supply (Canadian Tire) a set of fog light assemblies (selected the white lenses) to use as work lights.
Easy to mount and fully adjustable.

About in the $20.00 range per pair!

Being fog lights they lay out a bright flat beam of light.
Plowing snow at night is same as in the day now.

I placed one in front and the other towards the rear.

So bright that it is useless to use the tractor lights.

Good luck.