Rear Remotes on a JD4110

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #21  
Ah hah, thanks, I'm a tad wiser now /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I've got lots to learn.

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( At least one poster here on TBN is using that Eaton-Cessna valve with the power beyond sleeve to run rear remotes. )</font>

Can someone tell me what the power beyond sleeve does or how it works?

Also, I have a 3 position loader valve. What does that mean and how is it different than the 4 position valve?

Thanks,
Kevin

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #23  
I posted this in another thread but will repost here just for continuity.

Technically speaking, power beyond is a feature on a directional control valve that allows the pressure gallery to be isolated from the tank gallery and be carried over to an additional valve - usually another directional control valve.

The implementation of the power beyond feature varies with valve type and manufacturer. However the most common arrangement is to install a threaded plug or sleeve that blocks the internal connection between the pressure and tank galleries inside the valve. This creates two outlet ports, the power beyond and the return to tank. The power beyond port is then used to supply high pressure pump flow to the additional directional control valve. The return to tank port returns neutral pressure flow from the work ports (from the cylinders) back to the tank reservoir.

That's the technical description and is an edited version of what is available from "The Insider Secrets to Hydraulics".

In simple laymans terms, if you have more than one valve in a series hydraulic circuit, all valves except for the last must have power beyond capability since neutral pressure exhaust fluid from the valve work ports cannot drive the next valve in the circuit.

When a spool is activated flow is redirected to the cylinder via one of the work port connections. Exhaust from the cylinder is then emptied into the tank gallery thru the other work port connection.

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Also, I have a 3 position loader valve. What does that mean and how is it different than the 4 position valve?)</font>

Here is a pointer the the thread by Kubmech on how the 3-position vs 4-position valve (aka 3-way vs 4-way) works.

3-position vs 4-position valve description

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #25  
MadReferee,

Thanks for the clarification. I have a 3 position valve on my LA481 loader and in the manual in refers to a "carry over" port that returns fluid to the "inlet" port of the hydraulic block.

The other two ports on the valve are the IN from the hydraulic block and the OUT to the TANK port of the hydraulic block.

Is the "Carry Over" port the power beyond port or is this something different?

Thanks,
Kevin

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #26  
Your loader valve has 2 spools with a pair of work ports for each spool (that's 4 hoses/connections). It also has a pressure inlet, power beyond outlet, and a return to tank outlet for another 3 hoses/connections.

What they are referring as a carry over is the power beyond port.

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #27  
Thanks MadReferee.

I appreciate all the help. I'm asking all the questions because I am buying a front mount snowblower for my tractor and I just bought a used Curtis Cab so I need to move the loader control valve inside the cab and also set it up for use with the snowblower.

Thanks,
Kevin

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #28  
So, after all said and done... I would have gotten this EATON-CESSNA valve from the SurplusCenter, They have replacement handles should one break, and the PB sleeve if it is needed in your application.[/QUOTE]

For KennyD,
Can you recommend an equivalent setup for my 3320 which puts out 8.6GPM? I am looking for the most compact dual valve I can buy.

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110
For KennyD,
Can you recommend an equivalent setup for my 3320 which puts out 8.6GPM? I am looking for the most compact dual valve I can buy.

Sure Bob, take a look at this: 9-7693 or even the 9-7862 will work fine even though it's technically only rated for 8 GPM.

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #30  
Thanks Kenny,
This will be a spring project so I will have plenty of time to plan it out. I do have one question. I obviously will plumb my power beyond circuit into this new valve, but when I put my backhoe on, will I remove the PB lines and move them to the backhoe circuit or can it be plumbed so that I can just connect up to the new valve. I ask this only because on the 9-7862 I see that it has both side and top ports. Sorry ahead of time if this is a dumb question.