Wear blade for loader bucket ?

/ Wear blade for loader bucket ? #1  

KiotiKevin

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510
Is there a wear blade (metal) available for loader buckets. Such as the same set-up as a universal bolt-on toothbar for a 60 inch bucket so that I can just take the toothbar off and replace it with a wear blade for snow removal on my (200 ft.)paved driveway. We didn't have that much snow last winter (believe it or not - I live in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia)but I can see the bucket catching **** from repeated use on pavement. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks

Kevin

/ Wear blade for loader bucket ? #2  
My bucket began to show wear on the edge shortly after I bought the tractor. I made a toothbar for working in the dirt, and a plain edge for snow removal (or any time the toothbar isn't on).

I kust picked a piece of stainless flat stock out of the scrap pile at work and bolted it to the bottom of the factory edge.

To fasten it, I clamped it to the factory edge and drilled holes straight through both the factory edge and the flat stock with a pilot bit. Then I removed the flat stock, drilled holes (sized for tapping) in the flat stock and tapped it. Then the holes in the factory edge were enlarged so the bolts would slip through. I bolted the new edge on, and used an angle grinder to trim the bolts flush with the bottom of the new edge................chim

/ Wear blade for loader bucket ? #3  
most all loader buckets i have seem already have a cutting edge, some bolt on some weld on, most small tractors are welded on, replacing them isnt too hard just grind out or air arc out the welds and weld in a new one