3PH RAMS

/ 3PH RAMS #1  

inveresk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case CX31B ZTS
Getting on and off the tractor repeatedly to wind up or down the angle of the box blade is kinda tedious and I wondered if it was possible to adapt the 3ph rams so they operate independently rather than together. Is this even possible and would there be any possible problems that might arise as a result?

/ 3PH RAMS #2  
No, but there is a system discussed in depth if you do a search on "top and tilt", "TNT", "T&T". Volumes of threads.

/ 3PH RAMS #3  
As MMM said.. the 3pt upper arms are coupled by a solid shaft.. usually a rockshaft driven by a single internal cylinder. The tnt is what you are thinking of, as you can controll th lower arms seperately... that is.. one arm will adjust..

soundguy

/ 3PH RAMS
I've a L3130HST - cat 1, I think. I don't seem to have upper arms, just two lower arms and the toplink.

I'll check out the cost of tnt. Thanks, both, for the advice.

/ 3PH RAMS #5  
The grand L series uses a pair of external hydraulic cylinders to raise the 3ph arms. Supposedly easier to fix bad hydraulics and stronger. As such, the arms may be able to be controlled independently. As it is, it seems as though one cylinder would always have a different reaction to pressurization than the other. Are the 3ph arms tied together?

The standard way to accomplish tilting the implement from the cockpit is with a top-n-tilt system.