yet another snow plow question

/ yet another snow plow question #1  

shawnrogan

Tractor
Kioti CK30
Over the last year I have followed many threads on mounting a snow plow to a tractor. Members have come up with some really great designs. What I haven't seen much of though, is people mounting the snow plow and frame assembly to the loader bucket. I have a 7' meyers snow plow with the A frame and an old truck mount frame and wanted to fabricate a simple, manual angle set-up that could fit onto the bucket without having to take the bucket off. I wanted to go this route first to see how my CK30 would push snow before investing a lot of time/money into quick attach plates, etc.
Can fellow TBN memmbers offer advice?
I need to plow a 3000' gravel driveway. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Thanks!

/ yet another snow plow question #2  
look through the mahindra pictures, it may show the inside of my bucket.. I welded the mounting tangs inside the bucket and hung the same 7ft Meyers in it.. Worked well while I had that tractor.

/ yet another snow plow question #3  
My setup is as you describe. The plow I had on the jeep shorted out and burned up the pump. The blade is perfect for my 354, but I did not want to remove the bucket. I removed the angle cylinders, and drilled holes so I could have straight, left and right angle with the pull of a pin. I welded 2 flat pcs of steel to the bottom of the plow bracket, so they would extend back under the bucket. The plow bracket is inside of the bucket, just sticking out far enough so the blade will angle right and left. Where the old cylinders bolted on, I drilled 1/2" holes through the bucket and through the flat pcs underneath the bucket. This has worked very well, I can also pitch the blade back and forth with the bucket curl, seems to help having more forward angle in wet snow. Hope this helps. BEAR /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ yet another snow plow question #4  
I've also got an old plow I may hookup to my tractor. I thought about making some brackets so I could pin it to my frame and just use a chain from the bucket to raise and lower it.