adding rear remotes to my tractor

/ adding rear remotes to my tractor #1  

andrewj

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5105
I was not sure whee to put this in the JD forum or here - I have a JD 5105 with a loader joystick. I'd like to add 2 rear remotes. I went to the dealer and saw how they are rigged up, so it looks do-able to me but I will definately need a little guidance. anyone have any guidance, or direction?

/ adding rear remotes to my tractor #2  
I'am in the same boat. I have a jd 770 with power beyond think of hooking into a vavle and mounting on fender. What kind of setup do you see at the dealer. thanks tim

/ adding rear remotes to my tractor
well, it was a small black metal box, bolted or screwed onto another black box, with thingy's coming out, and a long tube like gizmo going forward, and four lines with colored ends going backwards. there may have been some glue involved as well. i'm sure I can handle it.

seriously, the one I looked at had the loader valves already mounted, like my tractor has. it appeared they had mounted an additional valve body on top of the loader valve.

/ adding rear remotes to my tractor #4  
Sounds to me like it may be a Fasse Valve set up. Check out Fasse.com or Vandminc.com. Both companies offer packages to do what you want, some up to 8 remotes.

Ron

/ adding rear remotes to my tractor #5  

With my adjustable top/side links, my dealer installed a Fasse valve (electric, seems to work well), though the wiring into my cab turned out messier than I would have liked.

It was on a NH TN90F (80 PTO hp machine designed compactly for orchard/vineyard use), which already had 2 factory remotes in back.

What I wish I had done, though, was to install the 3rd available factory remote before the Fasse was put on. Since the Fasse takes up one of my old remotes I am now down to one without popping off the links, etc.

The 3rd rm can still be done, but at much higher cost now due to having to disassemble everything /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Just some future-leaning advice in case it is applicable to you.

Jim