Toolbox for New Holland TC40 or TC45

/ Toolbox for New Holland TC40 or TC45 #1  

tpaulson

Bronze Member
Tractor
2001 New Holland TC45D, 1953 JD 40 crawler, 1949 JD A, 1993 Lahman skidsteer
I thought I would share pictures of an easy toolbox mount I made for my New Holland TC45. It should work on other models as well. The factory toolbox by the left fender is just too small. It should be called a 'glove' box instead of a toolbox.

I bought the required items at Bomgaars, but any hardware/farm supply store should have them. The paint I got from my NH dealer. I needed two cans of paint in order to paint the toolbox. I could only find red or green toolboxes.

Part list
Item----------------------Qty-------Cost-----Total
Slotted Angle - 1.5"x36"-----2--------$5.79----$11.58
Square U bolt 5/16" 2"x5"---2--------$1.16----$2.32
20" x 6" Toolbox------------1--------$31.97---$31.97
NH Medium Gloss Black------2--------$4.95----$9.90
spray paint

Total cost $55.77

I cut an angle on the ends of the slotted angle metal to make it look a little nicer. I also had to enlarge a couple of the holes in the angle metal so the U bolts would sit level because of the angle of the ROPS. I used slotted angle metal so I wouldn't have to drill as many holes and so I could use bungee cords to strap other items onto the remaining area of the angle metal. I bolted the toolbox to the angle metal, but I might get some magnets in the future so the toolbox could be quickly removed.

One note: With the toolbox installed, the folding ROPS will not fold flat against the bottom portion of the ROPS. This isn't a problem for me because the SMV sign already prevented that anyway.

P.S. Please excuse all of the dust. My tractor has been pretty busy lately and I haven't had a chance to wash it.

Attachments

• 37-74613-toolbox2.jpg
    37-74613-toolbox2.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 2,150
   / Toolbox for New Holland TC40 or TC45 #2  
Thank U! I was wondering how I was gonna do that - I certainly do enjoy stealing ideas off TBN - and really enjoy y'all contributing so I can - If I ever get a camera I'll take a shot of the skid plate I put on the bottom of my 45 - I took my SMV sign off til I need it - It almost never sees a road. I had to take the turn signal lights off too - branches were gonna do it for me if I didn't
mike