Another BX tool box

/ Another BX tool box #1  

radair

Gold Member
Tractor
B3000HSDCC, U17 mini-ex.
I think I first saw this idea on TBN, but couldn't find it by searching. Basically, it's a simple job of removing the handle on the left side of the seat and putting an ammo box in its place.

I liked Volfandt's(?) box behind the seat, but mine just didn't seem to want to sit just right (and this way seemed easier).

1st pic is with handle removed and plastic spacers being installed:

Attachments

• 811960-1Tool box washer.JPG
    811960-1Tool box washer.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 3,086
   / Another BX tool box
This box is fairly narrow, so it doesn't get in the way of anything.

Attachments

• 811963-2Tool box pre-paint.JPG
    811963-2Tool box pre-paint.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 2,386
   / Another BX tool box
Of course, I had to get a can of ROPS gray ($10), and paint it to match. The dimensions are 3" x 14" x 6.5", and it easily fits a ratchet & a few sockets, adjustable wrench, vice grips, and a small hand sledge, all piled on a rag so they don't rattle.

Attachments

• 811970-3Tool box.JPG
    811970-3Tool box.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 2,082
   / Another BX tool box #5  
I started out with that size. Then went to the next size larger. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Another BX tool box #6  
radair,
That's a nice looking tool box and they come in handy, don't they?
The problem with adding one is that pretty soon you start thinking about some more stuff to put in it...everytime you use it. In my case, all the tools I needed were BIG so some didn't fit in the box.
So here's what I did...I added a metel tool box where I keep my pliers, dykes, hammer and file, screwdrivers and that kind of stuff. But working on the tractor out of that box I needed some place to put the hitch pins, cotter keys etc so I added a smaller parts box in fron of it. Then I needed a place to keep my 1/2" drive sockets (2 sets metric & SAE), ratchets extensions, pipe wrench and 2 sets of open end wrenches. So I built a large wooden box that was open and easy to get to. Too bad if it rains, though. I also use that large box to keep 2 sets of chains in.
You can also see on the picture where I added clamps to hold a farm jack and a crow bar or shovel or whatever doesn't fit into the boxes. Of course I also added a drink holder and thermos holder, ashtray etc.

Attachments

• 812097-Rear Clamps for Tools.JPG
    812097-Rear Clamps for Tools.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,749
   / Another BX tool box #7  
Here's another picture of the clamps that hold the farm jack and pry bar. And also a come-a-long mounted on the side.

Attachments

• 812100-Farm Jack and Crow Bar.JPG
    812100-Farm Jack and Crow Bar.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,435
   / Another BX tool box #8  
Nice job Radair,

Dual purpase, if world warIII break out, you'll be ready /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep up the job work...

Bird/Bro-Tek

/ Another BX tool box #9  
Nice set up Rob but someone (not me!) is gonna tell ya you shouldn't have put holes in the ROPS! Now all you need is one of those massage cushions and a microwave!

/ Another BX tool box #10  
NICE /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Put one on the other side and you got arm rests
ALAN