Securing your tractor

/ Securing your tractor #31  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
locked inside a building would be best, but again overkill (and my building is full of other stuff /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
)</font>

Ahh!!! Its outside?! In the rain? Poor tractor! Get rid of some stuff and put it inside. That's my suggestion. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good for the tractor and bad for the theives.

/ Securing your tractor #32  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This is the fuel lock on my Massey Ferguson. Can be put anywhere in the fuel line. )</font>

Nice. That should be about a good solid 3 minutes of protection against the guy that came out to get your tractor.. especially if he is carrying a flat blade screwdriver and a hose barb.. so he can remov ethe ful line and splice around it. Guess if he was in a hurry, a pair of dykes and a piece of copper tubing would be a? 30 second bypass? just enough to get it on the trailer and safely away so that he could remove the fuel block and either get it on a boat south.. or into the closest county auction..e tc.

For the casual guy walking by who hadn't left his house planning on stealing your tractor, might prove pretty good.. depending on the size of copper pipe his crackpipe was made out of.. or if he caried a standard cutting tool.. like.. oh.. a razor blade.. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Soundguy

Soundguy

/ Securing your tractor #33  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Same as a gas hatchet......
)</font>

Yep.. gas axe, smoke axe, smoke wrench.. hot wrench, blue rench.. etc..

Soundguy

/ Securing your tractor #34  
Well, I don't have any thing like this, but....now that my synapses are snapping, how about this idea?

Get a recording of a pump shotgun chambering a round and some "hillbilly types" whispering about getting a thief, hide a series of waterproof speakers in the woods and trip it with a motion detector on the tractor.

Imagine something like this...

Thief gets to tractor, starts dinking around trying to start it or hook up a chain to drag it. The motion detector, "detects" him. The speakers in the woods play sticks breaking, and hillbillies whispering, "Be quiet Billy Bob!" , "I think that SOB is in by the tractors, Clem", "Hand me that shoot'n iron, Billy Bob" ---Sound of the shotgun chambering a round ---

Yeah, I think that would work, at least once!

jb

/ Securing your tractor #35  
I think the sound of the shotgun chambering would be way more effective than a dog barking sound.. etc..

Soundguy

/ Securing your tractor #36  
In the steel-walled/framed garage, steel door with deadbolt lock.

Tractor chained to piece of U-shaped #5 rebar embedded in the 6" thick concrete floor. Big thick chain, bullet-proof lock.

Won't prevent the tractor from being boosted by the dedicated thief who needs his meth fix real bad.

But will be sufficient proof to my insurance company that I took more than reasonable precautions against theft so there's no fuzz on my claim.