Adding additional lights

/ Adding additional lights #1  

Oscar

Tractor
Kubota L4610HSTC
I am curious what additional lights you might have added to your tractor to increase visibility working at night. I recently purchased a L3710 and would like to bush hog into the twilight hrs and beyond but have no light directed back behind the tractor. I know there are a lot of aftermarket lights available but would like hear any responses on what works well for location on tractor, and any advise on what brands or other experiences you may have encountered.
Thanks,

Craig

/ Adding additional lights #2  
Craig, I know this has been discussed quite a bit in the past but don't know whether I could find all the old threads and pictures, so I'll just post one picture of mine again (use up Muhammad's computer capacity). My lights look just alike and I bought them from Northern Tool; however, the front one is trapezoidal and the rear one is a floodlight. Works great, when mowing at night, I just aim that front one just ahead of the regular headlight beams, and if I need to work on or change an implement, I switch to the floodlight on the rear. I have a 3-way toggle switch so center is off, forward or backward turns on the front or rear light (can't have both on at the same time and don't need to).

Bird

Attachments

• 37-76472-Bird&Kutoba.jpg
    37-76472-Bird&Kutoba.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 223
   / Adding additional lights #3  
Speaking of additional lights...What do you all use for lighting when the FEL makes the headlights useless?

tractor.gif

/ Adding additional lights #4  
Mike, that was another reason I put that front light on the front of the canopy; so it would be high enough to shine over the FEL. However, the fact is that the only thing I've done after dark with my tractor is pasture mowing. We don't have snow to move, thank goodness./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Adding additional lights #5  
Hey Bird - is that a vanity mirror you have up next to the trapezoidal worklight on the front of your canopy /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif ?

Patrick

/ Adding additional lights #6  
The rear fenders of the l3710 have a hole that is perfect for a toggle switch. I mounted 2 trapazoid floods facing forward on the ROPS and 2 yellow fogs and 1 trap flood facing the rear, primarily for snowblowing. All the lights are 55 watt and I used 2 separate feeds and switches, (front and rear). I agree the headlights are useless unless you fully raise the FEL, with the ROPS mounted floods, I never use the headlights. I used u-bolts to mount 2 4' pieces of slotted angle iron so the lights did not require any drilling or welding on the ROPS. All the wire connections are shrink wrapped, 2+ years without a problem. I left wire loop at the ROPS hing so I can still fold the ROPS if needed.

/ Adding additional lights #7  
Yeah, Patrick, gotta keep my makeup on straight. Don't I look like I have it on?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Adding additional lights
Thanks for all the input. I realize this has probably been discussed to death already but I am new to this forum and my attempts to search for previous threads failed.
Bird, Nice setup - I dont have a canopy but Im sure I can mount mine on the ROPS. Also nice to put a face with the name.
JJT, Would you have any pictures that show your switch and lights?

Thanks,

Craig

/ Adding additional lights #10  
Sorry, no pictures. A digital camera is on the xmas list. I used 2 pieces of slotted angle iron, 1 in front of the ROPS and the other behind the ROPS just shy of the top. I used 3/8" x4" square u bolts thru the angle iron and the sides of the ROPS. The lights were then dropped thru the slotted angle iron and wired up.